Nexus 7, Nook HD+, or Hisense Pro 7?

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering if I could get everyone's opinion on this. Want to get a good tablet but not sure which one to get. I got a Nook HD+ for my sister and she loves it. However, besides reading here, I don't know anyone that owns the others. I read about the Hisense having better specs than the nexus. Your opinion is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

rp32002

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
A few thoughts:
1) Did you know there's a new Nexus 7 coming in the next week or so. That should affect your math. First that means the old Nexus 7 will be on major sale and used ones should be popping up). Next, as a 230 16gb tablet/270 32gb tablet, it is possibly the fastest sub 9" tablet at any price.

2) How important are the following things to you: quick releases of new Android versions, large development community, high application compatibility. For those things, the Nexus is calling you as it's the device that is designed to represent the android platform. xda-developers has a nook hd+ section that will give better insight for that device specifically

3) How important is expandable memory to you. If all you had was 11gb to share with apps, music, pictures and book, can you live with that. What if that number was 27gb. If that number is closer to 75, then you need a device with external sd memory.

Angelh23

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I am familiar with the new Nexus 7 coming out. But I wasn't sure if the specs have been confirmed yet to see if it will be that much better and justify the about 80 dollar difference. The only reason the Nook is in the running is because of the recent move to Google play and the price drop. 150 for a 16gb, 8.9". The expandable memory is not that big of a deal for me as it will be mainly apps and not too many movies that will be loaded on and off. I do love the nexus devices, I'm typing from a GNex for that matter. I just wanted to see the best value. The nook has an amazing display, I only know cause I got one for my mom, but it doesn't have a camera. Though I don't know how important that is.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci