Is anyone planning on getting rid of their GS4 or ONE for the Moto X?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It's no secret that the GS4 and the ONE have been the hottest devices of the year so far.

The Moto X has received so much hype that I wonder if it will be able to live up to it. Personally while it looks like a nice device, the specs(if true) seem a bit underwhelming. I know the hardware is only as good as the software it's running but specs still count for a large part of the decision when purchasing a new device.

So here is the question, if you have a GS4 or ONE are you even remotely interested in giving it up for the upcoming Moto X?

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
People all of G+ are. Can't tell you how many times I've seen it. I actually posted once, "The phone might look nice, but the specs aren't as nice as the looks. It's a great mid-range phone, but it's not for power users."

I also still think the HTC Once looks nicer. :p

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
People all of G+ are. Can't tell you how many times I've seen it. I actually posted once, "The phone might look nice, but the specs aren't as nice as the looks. It's a great mid-range phone, but it's not for power users."

I also still think the HTC Once looks nicer. :p

I also think the ONE looks nicer.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I plan to keep my one for as long as I can since I paid full price for it. I'm excited to see it when it's finally revealed though.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope. I plan to keep my one for as long as I can since I paid full price for it. I'm excited to see it when it's finally revealed though.

Yea I'm curious to see full retail price of the moto x. I'm with you on the ONE. I plan on keeping it for a long while..

Sent from my HTC ONE fully converted to the Google Play Edition

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Now and for the reasonably foreseeable future, you can pry the S4 out of my cold, dead hands, but probably not otherwise. :)

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
No, unless I can get 20 hours of battery with heavy use along with better hardware than the GS4. Finally got my GS4 customized to the way I wanted, plus the last update finally provided me the smoothless I wanted in the UI.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely still happy as day 1. Only problem I've had but wasn't really a problem is I returned my device thru warranty because of a microphone issue and the one I got had a different hue of the screen this one is warmer the other was brighter and kind of bluer. Still loving it though

Prithvi Raj Dev

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I really like Google's move on the moto X. With each passing day, the specs for android phones are going up and google wants to slow it down by making a nexus-esq phone with mid-range specs in this quad-core and octa core era. Good move google, hope this slows down the pace.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm also loving the HTC one mini, but is 1 gb ram enough to keep it smooth and butter like the one

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I really like Google's move on the moto X. With each passing day, the specs for android phones are going up and google wants to slow it down by making a nexus-esq phone with mid-range specs in this quad-core and octa core era. Good move google, hope this slows down the pace.
I don't think their intention is to slow anything down. I don't' think it will slow anything down, either. I do like them proving out that making a phone with mid-range specs as cheaply as they can and then selling them off-contract will work, though. It would be nice knowing that I can get a carrier subsidized phone every two years, but then still have a pretty good phone available to buy if something happens to my flagship phone.

kalo88

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I don't think you 'need' quad core power though, look at the iphone and it's running on dual core but everything is smooth because the software has been optimised.

We all live in a world where 'bigger and more is better'... 'Octa Core' sounds better than 'Quad Core' despite the fact that in reality it's the same thing... max of 4 cores online at once. The majority of people, myself included use their phone for web browsing, youtube, emails, facebook and taking pictures... Do you 'need' quad core for that, not really imo.