T-mobile android options...what to get?

bro1999

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So I'm ready to dump verizon and switch my wife over to T-mobile....which phone should she get? It seems the 2 choices for her are the Xperia Z and Note 2. She was sorta underwhelmed by the Note 2, though. As the Xperia Z just came out in the US market, there aren't a lot of user reviews available yet. I think she would be interested in the Note 3, but who knows for sure exactly when it will come out. I figure with T-mobile's current 0 down promotion, she could 'rent' a phone for the time being, and in 6 months upgrade to a new phone (via the Jump program). She doesn't want a GS4, and the HTC One is 'too small'.

Or should she just stick it out with her current phone (Droid Bionic. ugh) and wait and see what September brings?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
So, she's disqualified the S4, Note and HTC One. What exactly are her criteria? If she wants size, then it's the Note or S4.

What doesn't she like about them? Note 3 will be coming soon.

But if those 3 aren't good enough, it's hard to see what is.

bro1999

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
So, she's disqualified the S4, Note and HTC One. What exactly are her criteria? If she wants size, then it's the Note or S4.

What doesn't she like about them? Note 3 will be coming soon.

But if those 3 aren't good enough, it's hard to see what is.

She wants something 'big', but the current 'biggest' option (Note 2), she isn't really thrilled about. And the S4 (and anything smaller) is "too small". You probably know how picky women can be. Style is also a factor.

I might just tell her to wait until the Xperia Z Ultra comes out. Then she can have her gigantic 'phone'.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the HTC One Max coming out. That should be big enough for her. That should start showing up either Aug or Sept. but if you need something right now, then your options are more limited. But as the year progresses there will be more larger options.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I have the Xperia Z and I'm absolutely loving it. The only downside is battery life. When idle, it's a real battery sipper while in stamina mode. However when in use it seems to suck down battery at a rapid pace.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You could also bring your own phone, as long as it supports the 1900/2100 umts bands that T-Mobile uses for its cell service, otherwise you'll only receive 2g and edge service.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2