Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Default Should i be worry about being rooted with a warranty?

i am worrying because i am rooted and using a custom ROM on the Huawei Fusion 2 (AT&T), should i be worried that something will happen to my phone? Has anyone ever sent a rooted phone in for warranty? I am just worrying that if something happened i wouldn't be helped since i am rooted, what are your opinions/suggestions/experiences? please help!!

Default Re: Should i be worry about being rooted with a warranty?

I have read where peoples warranty were voided due to them finding out they were rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

It's usually a simple matter to restore your device back to the stock ROM and remove root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by ahawkua View Post
    i am worrying because i am rooted and using a custom ROM on the Huawei Fusion 2 (AT&T), should i be worried that something will happen to my phone? Has anyone ever sent a rooted phone in for warranty? I am just worrying that if something happened i wouldn't be helped since i am rooted, what are your opinions/suggestions/experiences? please help!!
    You always run that risk when you root. Most of the time as previously stated you should have the chance to return it to stock before sending it back to ATT but there is always that chance that the charging port goes out or something malfunctions to where you can't return it to stock. The way I view it is: If something happens to where I can't get it back to stock I can either file an insurance claim and pay 200 bucks for a replacement, or if it's rooted but on the stock rom you can take your chances with just sending it in to the warranty department.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Quote Originally Posted by DenverRalphy View Post
    It's usually a simple matter to restore your device back to the stock ROM and remove root.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    This! If you need to send your phone in, unroot first.

Sent from my M7 using AC Forums mobile app