Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910
Results 226 to 238 of 238
Like Tree107Likes
  1. #226  

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Haters gonna hate. lol
    Ry likes this.
  2. #227  

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Bell View Post
    The iFans can have their ICrap. I am happy with my S3. iCrap is for those poor souls with no tech aptitude. Stupid people need phones too.

    Posted via Android Central App
    How old are you? 12?
    Ry likes this.
  3. #228  

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Maybe you've never had to do emergency tech support for friends and family with an Apple product? All the stuff he mentioned is incredibly irritating. Even if it's not hate it definitely deserves more than "dislike".
    Yet, Apple products are too simple and for people who aren't tech savvy unlike Android owners who are all Einsteins.
    Ry likes this.
  4. #229  
    Speedygi's Avatar

    Posts
    373 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,127 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    For me it's all about price, if I have to pay a ton for a phone I would rather have the cheaper alternative which could be in many ways better than an iPhone...

    Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  5. #230  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,185 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fr0gburp3r View Post
    Yet, Apple products are too simple and for people who aren't tech savvy unlike Android owners who are all Einsteins.
    It's comforting to know that the vast majority of smartphone users are now tech savvy.
  6. #231  

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Because there is nothing Apple has to offer that Android does not already have, yet they charge more for the same (or worse) hardware. That's probably the main reason.
    That is not entirely true. Sure, the iPhone doesn't have as powerful a processor or as much RAM as Android flagships, but I have a secret for you. It doesn't need to. That is one benefit of Apple's strategy of intergrated hardware and software. That level of optimization costs money to achieve. It isn't free. One area the iPhone shines above nearly every single Android phone is the camera, which is hugely important to a lot of people. Outside of possibly the S4, Note 3, and G2, you aren't going to find a camera on an Android phone that is as reliably good in as many situations as the iPhone's is. Sure, there are Android phones that are as good as or better than the iPhone in low light, like the HTC One, but it struggles in other situations that the iPhone has no problem in. And as I said earlier, I personally would take the iPhone over TouchWiz and possibly over LG's software.

    The thing is, Apple is charging people more for a product that delivers less. I think that is a big part of why a lot of people don't like Apple. Apple is charging you for an image, not for a smartphone or tablet.
    Delivering diffrent benefits =/= delivering less. One example, big apps are almost always iPhone first. If playing the latest social game with your friends when it is first popular or being able to get the latest hot social sharing trend first are important to you, the iPhone will be a superior experience to Android. It took a year for Instagram to get to Android. Lots of social games launch on iOS first. Many are not as good once (or even when launched at the same time as iOS) ported to Android because the developer doesn't put in the work to optimize for Android. These things are important to people and until iOS apps being first and/or superior is no longer the norm, the iPhone will be better for people who this is important to.

    Also, it is not immediately apparent to non-tech users just how restrictive Apple is. And once they find this out, they are already "trapped" in Apple's ecosystem having invested a lot of money into it (because everything Apple is expensive). YOU might know what you are getting into, because you are knowledgeable about it. But most people are not.
    How is that any different than any other platform? If I want to leave Android, my apps don't come with me. The Play movies I have bought will still be available on my PC (just like with iTunes movies) but not on a Windows Phone or iPhone. If I switch from Windows to OSX, I can't run all of my old software, there will be things I have to repurchace. If I go from Garmin to Tom Tom, my lifetime map updates don't transfer. If I buy an LG fridge to replace my GE, my water filters I stocked up on will be useless. If I switch from Xbox to Playstation, my old games won't work. This is just a fact of life, not an Apple only negative.

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Therefore it is wrong to hate them for exploiting it?

    Dont ask the question if you don't want to hear the answer.

    As for rage.... Android's soaring marketshare at Apple's expense mitigates it a lot. Though I'd be lying if I said their bankruptcy would not make me chuckle.
    Yes it is wrong to hate them for exploiting it. They are a publically traded company, and as such it is their responsibility to maximize share value. Part of that is filing patents and defending those patents. Apple may be the highest profile company doing it, but Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Tivo, and many other tech companies do the exact same thing. It is their fiduciary responsibility as a publicly owned and traded company. If a company doesn't defend its patents or takes other action that blatantly goes against maximizing profitability, their shareholders can bring a lawsuit againt the company. If you don't like how Apple and other companies defend their patents, go after Congress to enact meaningful patent reform. NOTE: All this only applies to companies actually producing products. Patent trolls (those who make their entire profit off of buying patents and using them to sue people while not actually producing anything) can go to hell.
    Thanked by:
  7. #232  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,185 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    That is not entirely true.
    It doesn't matter if it is or not. Because that is the perception. But IMO it is true.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Sure, there are Android phones that are as good as or better than the iPhone in low light, like the HTC One
    Lol... The One is the least of them. The Nexus does way better low light.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I personally would take the iPhone over TouchWiz and possibly over LG's software.
    I can always ROM an LG phone. But you can never add an HD display to an iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Delivering diffrent benefits =/= delivering less. One example, big apps are almost always iPhone first.
    Which is going to change with markets are over time. Just ask BlackBerry. "Almost always" used to be "always". What changed?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Yes it is wrong to hate them for exploiting it.
    I disagree. Aside from being dishonest, it potentially will deny me a product I want as a consumer. Apple is attempting to bypass market demand through the courts and that will annoy a lot of people. Apple will not make friends that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    They are a publically traded company, and as such it is their responsibility to maximize share value.
    Why should I care about that as a consumer?

    Apple should try to lay claim to the idea of an icon grid merely because they can? And the rest of us should just stfu and not criticize them for it?

    Sorry, I don't agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    If you don't like how Apple and other companies defend their patents, go after Congress to enact meaningful patent reform.
    Or I could just not buy their products and encourage others to do the same. That is probably more likely to get results.
  8. #233  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,185 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    ...
  9. #234  

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Lol... The One is the least of them. The Nexus does way better low light.
    Never used a Nexus 5 nor have I seen low light pictures from one. I used to have an HTC One and had directly compared shots taken side by side with an iPhone 5 in low light, so I know from first hand experience the One handles it better, hence it being my example. Also, the One's camera may not be great in a lot of situations, but it is excellent in low light.

    I can always ROM an LG phone. But you can never add an HD display to an iPhone.
    Most people are not going to ROM phones. I have done it. A lot. The Moto X I have now is the first Android phone I have had for more than a month without ROMing. Although I enjoy ROMing, you should not have to ROM a phone for it to be what you want. By that same argument though, you could jailbreak an iPhone and then you are not limitted to Apple's restrictive ecosystem. So if you are going to use rooting and ROMs as a defense for Android, you shouldn't use a restricted ecosystem as an argument against Apple.

    Which is going to change with markets are over time. Just ask BlackBerry. "Almost always" used to be "always". What changed?
    Which I acknowldeged. That is why I said "These things are important to people and until iOS apps being first and/or superior is no longer the norm, the iPhone will be better for people who this is important to. "

    I disagree. Aside from being dishonest, it potentially will deny me a product I want as a consumer. Apple is attempting to bypass market demand through the courts and that will annoy a lot of people. Apple will not make friends that way.

    Why should I care about that as a consumer?

    Apple should try to lay claim to the idea of an icon grid merely because they can? And the rest of us should just stfu and not criticize them for it?

    Sorry, I don't agree.

    Or I could just not buy their products and encourage others to do the same. That is probably more likely to get results.
    I'm not going to adress this as just an Apple issue, because, as I pointed out, a ton of other companies do the exact same thing.
    You should care very much as a consumer if a company maximizes its profits. That is how they can continue to deliver new products and push the market forward. Like it or not, Apple is the reason Android is the OS it is. The early builds (pre-public release) of Android were built to compete with Blackberry, and the concept phones had form factors similar to Blackberry Curves. Part of maximizing profits is defending your patents. I never said you should STFU. I don't think that is the solution at all. I think the solution invovles being very loud about the patent problem, but direct it at the correct people. The PTO should be more selective about what it grants patents for and Congress should pass patent reform legislation. Apple, and every other person and company, should file every patent they feel is needed to protect their products. It is the PTO's job to determine whether what was submitted is actually patentable. Sure, you are free to vote with your wallet, and in the short term you are correct, that will be the quickest way to get results. However, just doing that and not trying to solve the root of the problem is just treating the symptom when we should be trying to cure the disease.
  10. #235  
    JeffDenver's Avatar

    Posts
    2,185 Posts
    ROM
    Perma-rooted and unlocked

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I'm not going to adress this as just an Apple issue, because, as I pointed out, a ton of other companies do the exact same thing.
    I disagree. Other companies are not attempting to lay claim to obvious concepts like icon grids. I'm hardly the only one who thinks this.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Never used a Nexus 5 nor have I seen low light pictures from one. I used to have an HTC One and had directly compared shots taken side by side with an iPhone 5 in low light, so I know from first hand experience the One handles it better, hence it being my example. Also, the One's camera may not be great in a lot of situations, but it is excellent in low light.
    Many high end Android phones are even better than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Most people are not going to ROM phones.
    My point was that at least that's an option. You can change touchwiz if you really don't like it. But no amount of jailbreaking is going to give you HD on an iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    I have done it. A lot. The Moto X I have now is the first Android phone I have had for more than a month without ROMing. Although I enjoy ROMing, you should not have to ROM a phone for it to be what you want.
    Shouldn't something similar hold true for hardware features like HD displays? Or software features like 3rd party app integration?

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    You should care very much as a consumer if a company maximizes its profits.
    Not if they do so at the expense of my choices.

    Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    That is how they can continue to deliver new products and push the market forward. Like it or not, Apple is the reason Android is the OS it is.
    Lol... You really think apple invented anything? They simply did a good smartphone before anyone else. Being first does not mean it would not have happened without them.
  11. #236  

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Or I could just not buy their products and encourage others to do the same. That is probably more likely to get results.
    Are you really that miserable? You would actually waste your time and energy to encourage people to not buy Apple products because you hate them that much? What if those individuals don't give a crap about a company's business model and just enjoy their products? I'm pretty sure there are better things to lobby against to make this world a better place. The world's economy is in the crapper. Why don't you put some effort into improving it?
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  12. #237  

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
    Lol... You really think apple invented anything? They simply did a good smartphone before anyone else. Being first does not mean it would not have happened without them.
    I didn't see the word invent in any of posts. Stop twisting words. Have you even seen Android concept devices prior to Apple releasing the iPhone? It looks just like a Blackberry. After the iPhone was launch, Google immediately scrapped that design and went with the iphones's design.



    Pre iPhone:

    Why we hate Apple!!!-androidlive.jpg

    Post iPhone:

    Why we hate Apple!!!-incredible60015.jpg
    Thanked by:
  13. #238  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,457 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,761 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Why we hate Apple!!!

    Thread closed. I suggest that the participants here review the forum rules and follow them. If you take the nonsense from this thread into other threads, there will likely be no further warnings before infractions are issued.

    Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-01-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Similar Threads

  1. Sadly My Apple TV with Airplay 1, Google Chromecast 0
    By danrad55 in forum Google Chromecast
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 11:33 PM
  2. Thinking of moving from Apple
    By Mailman44 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 09:25 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2013, 02:17 PM
  4. Gallery. Why do I have to be on line to watch videos?
    By Pitothead in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 08:03 PM
  5. This this is the main reason why I moved on from a nexus 4
    By jd914 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 10:37 PM

Posting Permissions

B