Why we hate Apple!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

htabbach

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Youre acting like iPhones dont lock up.... Get real.... Both devices lock up maybe once a month. I have seen it plenty of times on the precious iPhone.
Also the Nexus work straight out the box. No need to add anything to it or customize it. Google thought of everything and made it all syncable through the cloud... just like the iPhone.
Its just preference. You didnt make one valid point.

Maybe the newer Droids do not lock up, not sure since I have owned an iPhone for the last year, and it has not locked up on me once! but I am glad you are happy with your device, different people prefer different things, my experience with Android was painful to say the least.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The majority of Apple users buy their products mainly to the emojis in the keyboard and how easy it is to post to social networks.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
My mom uses her office laptop to sync contacts and calender to her iphone. When she connects to the family media server, iPhone wants to "overwrite contents". Apple says you cannot connect to more than 1 PC, which is not only an ineffective way of controlling piracy, but a draconian policy in an era when we have 2-3 electronic devices per person per family. Who are they (Apple) to tell us how to use the devices we paid full money for? Their weekly wages comes from the cash we (consumers) pay. Its like Ford selling you a car & putting a condition "streets are fine, lanes & avenues are not".

No such problems with the Androids & Nokias in the family, who have far more features & bluetooth that actually works.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

The syncing is setup wrong. You can sync your iPhone to multiple computers for content.

If you have automatic syncing setup, then you can only use one computer. If you use manual mode there is no problems with syncing to multiple computers. Remember manual mode has to be turned on with each computer.

Using iPhone, iPad, or iPod with multiple computers

On the Calendar and Contacts if you don't want any issues, then your mom's office laptop needs to sync the contacts and calendar to a server, whether it be Exchange or anything else that supports CalDAV. If it wasn't setup that way then that is an issue with the company's policy and has nothing to do with the iPhone. They even state you can sync contacts/calendar with multiple computers but they do not recommend it.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anybody that doesn't like the topic of the thread feel free to skip over it.

Nobody forces anybody to respond or participate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
:D Can I make another one? Something like "Why we hate [insert racial/sexual/religious minority here]". It will be in a "joking" form and anyone who doesn't like it - can always "skip over it" ;)

Sure, but if you make it racial/sexual/religious minority/etc you'll be violating forum rules and that will result in a ban. :) :p

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ah, "double standards"... I see ;)

If a user wants to create a thread for the purpose of sharing mutual dislike of a tech company, that usually flies. If the thread gets out of hand and begins to affect other users in an unwanted manner (again, keeping in mind that users aren't required to read or participate in a given thread), we'll likely step in. Until that point, the thread more or less falls under "forum free speech," as with most other threads that we aren't required to moderate in some form. The prospect of micro-managing discussions is as unappealing for us as it is the general member base. However, when the initial subject of a thread (such as your hypothetical racial/sexual/religious topic) violates the established rules of the forum or has the potential to offend or negatively impact the general member base solely due to its presence (i.e. language used in the title, obvious intent, etc.), that's when the line has been crossed, so to speak.

If you want to get technical, we're here to encourage, catalyze, and protect the type of community development and interaction that the Mobile Nations and Android Central teams are looking to foster. This requires an approach to content and community management different than that of a community with an unspecified or unregulated focus. In part to facilitate more open-ended and less-regulated discussion, we have forums like the Lounge, and, in particular, the Politics subforum. We recently put up a new notice at the top of that forum, mentioning that it "can at times become a heated place where sensitive subjects are often discussed. [...] Constructive discussions, debates and free speech are encouraged in the forums. [...] Discrimination or harassment is not tolerated. Be courteous to other forum members regardless of their race, age, nationality, country of residence, ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, political views or religious beliefs." My point being that we don't disallow content that has any potential to become heated or sensitive, rather we try to accommodate it in the proper locations, when appropriate. Instead of putting those notices in forums intended for conversations about mobile devices and the associated technologies, we practice some degree of content regulation (typically as little as possible) and direct other discussion to those areas as long as it wouldn't be unwanted there either.

Don't mistake inaction for ignorance or confuse content classification with double standards.

Last edited:

Fr0gburp3r

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Most of the iDevice owner that I have met and read about on forums when I had my iPhone.

That's what you should have stated instead of a blanketed one.

I love my S4 and my S2 before it. My N10 is nice but it doesn't run as smooth as I'd like it to. I have an iPhone 5 and all previous gens except the very first one. I'm thinking about picking up the Lumia 1020 for the camera. I'm not getting paid by any manufacturers so I don't cheerlead for them. I get what I want and not what everyone else think is cool. It's pretty ridiculous when I see people get so emotional about their device. You would think it was their child or something. If BB came out with an innovative device, I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Most of the iDevice owners that I have met and read about on forums when I had my iPhone.

Never met an iPhone user that bought the device for emoji?s (which Android also now supports).

Maybe that's why a middle school kid wants an iPhone, but I'm quite sure adults make a much more logical purchase.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Don't misunderstand this thread, please. I'm sorry if you were offended. I started this thread so we could make fun of the obvious things Apple devices are missing that mostly all other devices have. Name one device other than the iPhone that can't share files via bluetooth. Most people can't even name one device. I hope you start to understand. The name of the thread doesn't explain all.

The funny part is I don't know anyone who does half the things androids can do.

Posted via Android Central App

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
That's what you should have stated instead of a blanketed one.

I love my S4 and my S2 before it. My N10 is nice but it doesn't run as smooth as I'd like it to. I have an iPhone 5 and all previous gens except the very first one. I'm thinking about picking up the Lumia 1020 for the camera. I'm not getting paid by any manufacturers so I don't cheerlead for them. I get what I want and not what everyone else think is cool. It's pretty ridiculous when I see people get so emotional about their device. You would think it was their child or something. If BB came out with an innovative device, I wouldn't hesitate to get it.

The camera on the Lumia is the best on the market. LOL

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Never met an iPhone user that bought the device for emoji?s (which Android also now supports).

Maybe that's why a middle school kid wants an iPhone, but I'm quite sure adults make a much more logical purchase.

Well it's true. The emoji's come built into the keyboard. Never seen an Android stock keyboard with emoji's.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Well it's true. The emoji's come built into the keyboard. Never seen an Android stock keyboard with emoji's.

There's an emoji keyboard available that was introduced in 4.2, if I remember correctly. It uses a font file for the emoji set with each individual emoji representing one character. This is why you may occasionally see an emoji in the notification ticker (the message that appears ? and can scroll vertically through multiple lines of text ? in the statusbar when notification is first created, such as when receiving a text message). If it weren't technically a text character it wouldn't appear in the ticker text. There's more about emoji origins, standardization, incorporation into the Unicode character set, etc. over at the Wikipedia page.

To activate it, go into Settings > Language & Input and ensure that the "iWnn IME" input method is enabled.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
There's an emoji keyboard available that was introduced in 4.2, if I remember correctly. It uses a font file for the emoji set with each individual emoji representing one character. This is why you may occasionally see an emoji in the notification ticker (the message that appears ? and can scroll vertically through multiple lines of text ? in the statusbar when notification is first created, such as when receiving a text message). If it weren't technically a text character it wouldn't appear in the ticker text. There's more about emoji origins, standardization, incorporation into the Unicode character set, etc. over at the Wikipedia page.

To activate it, go into Settings > Language & Input and ensure that the "iWnn IME" input method is enabled.

Thank you for your response. My S3 hasn't received the 4.2 update yet so I didn't know.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your response. My S3 hasn't received the 4.2 update yet so I didn't know.

Yeah no worries. :) Something to note, however, is that in some cases the input methods I mentioned might not actually be present.. usually after receiving an update or resetting the device (factory reset style). For those with a Galaxy Nexus (4.0-4.3), you can directly install the iWnn IME via Google Play.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

You still have to enable it though. Not really any different than what you have to do on android post jelly bean.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.