Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default verizon wireless front facing camera

when do you think we will see on on verizon? I'm looking to upgrade my contract, but I'm waiting for when verizon has a phone with a front facing camera as that is a big selling point for me and I do not want sprint service.. so any ideas?

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yorkkid11 View Post
    when do you think we will see on on verizon? I'm looking to upgrade my contract, but I'm waiting for when verizon has a phone with a front facing camera as that is a big selling point for me and I do not want sprint service.. so any ideas?
    When the iPhone4 comes to Verizon in January 2011...you will get your front facing camera.

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Maybe one of the new phones coming out the end of the year will have one. Don't know any specifics though. In the meantime, you could use a cleverly placed mirror.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

A Verizon rep in the store told me that Samsung is working on one and should be out before the end of the year.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by dman59 View Post
    A Verizon rep in the store told me that Samsung is working on one and should be out before the end of the year.
    Which is Verizon speak for next spring sometime ;-)

I'm personally expecting an Evo variant (non 4G though) sometime next winter but we shall see...
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default HTC EVO 2 coming to Verizon this year

Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon BGR | Boy Genius Report

Wow I wonder if htc will make the specs as good as the X and Fascinate. I hope cuz im within my 30 day period and im thinking either the X or this bad boy.

They might put that new processor in it that is in the new G2 for t-mobile... If so I will be a little upset lol... I still love my evo though..

Quote Originally Posted by evosaurusrex View Post
    Gorgeous, mysterious, EVO-ish HTC device headed for Verizon BGR | Boy Genius Report

Wow I wonder if htc will make the specs as good as the X and Fascinate. I hope cuz im within my 30 day period and im thinking either the X or this bad boy.
    Neat looking.... from the back it appears to be an EVO like Device.. It won't be the EVO 2 because EVO is Sprints name plate. It will be Droid some thing I am sure (if it's running Android and it's on Verizon)

Plus it's way too early for an EVO 2 on Sprint... If they keep the EVO name and go with EVO 2 or EVO pro or EVO HD it will be (or at least I hope) a much more improved device with more gaudy specs....

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

Naaa definitely not evo2 but is nice another reason why I love my EVO, it must of really been a hit, I can bet that sprint will b launching an EVO 2 n when they do I'm getting cause I'm sold with this beast, is like some ppl love their iPhone no rather what well the EVO is gonna b my phone of choice for yrs to come cause I'm sure sprint will up grade this baby every yr

Meh, cool phone but I still love my EVO and my cheap Sprint pricing.

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Please change the misleading title.

Thanks.
    .:HTC Supersonic | Kernel: HTC#10 | ROM: Myns Warm 2.2 (RLS3) | v OTA_Supersonic 3.30.651.2:.

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    Meh, cool phone but I still love my EVO and my cheap Sprint pricing.
    I know but it must be nice being on verizon getting to choose out of a million phones lol.... But Im ok with sprint because I dont want verizon raping my pockets..

Quote Originally Posted by youngzayiles View Post
    I know but it must be nice being on verizon getting to choose out of a million phones lol.... But Im ok with sprint because I dont want verizon raping my pockets..
    yeah, that my thoughts.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

dont care about price i want this device its gorgeous makes just about every phone on the market look bad. htc is really on a roll with these good looking devices
    Loving this Oneplus one!!
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,280 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Anything good Sprint gets, Verizon gets the better version. (e.g. Pal Pre, Palm Pixie). The are serous about flooding the smartphone market and want the best. They know that the future is data (not voice) and they want as large a piece of pie as they can get.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

with phones coming like this im glad to be on vzw

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Look at the size of that kick stand lol.

Sounds like it will be a Evo on Verizon, wonder if it will have lte working.
    phone addict

Global Posts
    3,728 Global Posts
    ROM
    mean

Doubt it. Though lte would be nice don't expect lte phones until next summeer

just going to add... that it can go to verizon but at least i dont have to worry about tied data. just new billing cycle and did over 2 gigs in 1 day
    Before Evo(blackberry tour):

Sprint Data 8/27 to 06/04 (JONATHAN)
    Used. 280,329KB/ Unlimited

After Evo:

Sprint Data 06/04 to 6/26 (JONATHAN)
    Used. 4,558,564KB/Unlimited

Evo with $30 mobile hotspot (no 4g)

Sprint Data 8/27 to 9/26
    Used. 54,205,343KB/ Unlimited

Mobile Hotspot record owner
    http://www.androidcentral.com/man-wh...s-worth-forums
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

So if this is truly coming to Verizon with the fronting facing camera won't apps like qik and fringe destroy you on monthly bills ? Either way It looks like the rumored desire hd that was being talked about and should be announced at the HTC event next month.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Wow so hold on the rumored Droid pro now the evo-ish HTC phone and can't forget the heavily rumored iPhone coming to Verizon at some point next year . Wow. It's just sad they take whatever Sprint gets and one how Sprint. You would think big v wouldn't have to go that route considering they have more money and have a much bigger subscriber base.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Update ... had to catch myself there. I'm starting to feel like a fanboy. After some thought I think its actually good that verizons customers get this phone ( I still think its the HTC ace or desire hd your call) just brings yet another phone into the super phone rank.
    Last edited by Evo soul; 08-28-2010 at 12:12 AM.

There new slogan,,,,, Verizon..... if you can't beat them,,, Steal Them. Lol ROFL its crazy how the last 3 droids they released could not make a sent into what sales and features the Evo has so they just copy them. Next is the iPhone4 with a new redesigned antenna lol that's just great. Well I have been reading post about this for 2 hours and Verizon annoys love this new Evo But before it they hated the Evo, the kickstand, features of 4g is pointless and stupid to them. Then this came up and now everybody is like, I love it, I want one now. I told people the Evo has made the change. Now phones come with HD recording, front facing cameras for video chatting, and kickstands all thanks to the Evo.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast