Quick Upgrade Questions

antman451

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, gotta upgrade the ol' Thunderbolt(!), and haven't been keeping up with new phone stuff lately. Couple quick questions:

1) Best phone currently available on VZW? Or anything awesome coming out in the next week or so worth waiting on? Android OS, not any iphone BS.

2) Had a buddy switch to Virgin Mobile and likes it; worth exploring? I hate my monthly VZW bill for how little overall I use my phone. If not, how low can I get my VZW bill? I'm still grandfathered into unlimited data, but don't really use that much considering I'm on wifi a lot of the day. My 450 minutes/month has been plenty for years.

Thanks!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
2) Had a buddy switch to Virgin Mobile and likes it; worth exploring? I hate my monthly VZW bill for how little overall I use my phone. If not, how low can I get my VZW bill? I'm still grandfathered into unlimited data, but don't really use that much considering I'm on wifi a lot of the day. My 450 minutes/month has been plenty for years.

Thanks!
I don't have VSW so I'm not gonna give my opinion on their phones.

As far as going for Virgin Mobile. I say find a VM phone of eBay for cheap and give them a try while you're still in your VZW contract. That way, you can try them out without canceling your VZW contract and if you don't like them you can just put the phone for sale on eBay again.