Android Device Manager - mine ain't there!

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I was looking at the recent articles about the Android Device Manager feature in the Play Store now and checked the link. I'm seeing my previous phone showing up, but my current phone - a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) - is not listed.

So I went to the Google Settings app like some folks said, but there is no "Android Device Manager" link in there...is that an update to the app I should just wait for or am I completely missing something?

chad_b

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the exact same thing and getting really frustrated! My old Droid was there, so was my Transformer Prime, but not my Galaxy Nexus. After I calmed down, I found this on the "Help" page:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/3265955?p=android_device_manager&rd=1

If your Android device doesn't appear in Android Device Manager, or if you see Unknown location despite your device being online and running Google Play services version 3.2.25 or higher, follow these steps:

• Open Google Settings from your device's apps menu.
  • Touch Android Device Manager.
  • Uncheck Allow remote factory reset.
  • Go to your device's main Settings menu, then touch Apps > All > Google Play services.
  • Touch Clear Data. Note that this action doesn't remove personal data.
  • Go back to Google Settings and select Allow remote factory reset.
  • Restart your device.
Once your device restarts, wait around five minutes and refresh android.com/devicemanager.

That worked for me. :)

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem. Where is that option in the Google Settings app?

This is all I have.

u9esa3y7.jpg

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Actually I searched forum and found a link from there. My ADM has been activated now.
Thanks for the help, though. :)

Sent from my GSIII

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech