For those of you who came from IOS (iPhone)

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Those of you here on Android Central that came from an iPhone to Android, why did you make the switch? What were the main reasons you decided to jump over to Android? Would you ever go back? And if so, why?

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm still in the process of making the switch. I know I want to do it - I just haven't settled in on the device that's going to make the process the least painless.

My reasons:

- Absolutely, utterly and 100% bored. I'm a tinkerer, I love making setting changes, fixing wallpapers and customizing the design.
- Widgets. I so love widgets. I like having the chance to look down at my screen and see my schedule, emails, texts, weather and what not.
- Screen Size - I think I'm getting old or something. What wasn't an issue for years in all the iOS devices I have had - has now become one. Its really tough for me to see anything on my screen. I think the difference has become more noticable since I have been stalking the Best Buy mobile area, playing with all the phone options.

What terrifies me?
- I am smack dab in the center of a well oiled machine. I have a Macbook / iPad / iPhone. All my pictures are easily synced from my phone to my computer, to my iPad. I have no issues putting everything into iPhoto and iCalendar. I have no idea how to make things work between my Android phone and my Macbook with my photos and such. I already have come to terms with the fact I will need to use Google Calendar now.
- Phone Lag. I know I run the risk of getting a laggy device if I were to jump on something like the S4. Courtesy of the bloatware they put on the phone. I'm trying to decide between the Note 2 and the Moto X. Very different devices I know. But with my iPhone I don't have to worry about it slowing down and it does run really well.
- Crud Camera. I have to make sure the new device I get has a camera comprable to the iPhone 5. I have no issues with this camera and am constantly taking pictures of my girls.

More than anything? Hearing my Apple Fanboy of a husband telling me "I told you so..." if something goes wrong and buggy with the phone I pick.

I'm ready to jump ship, I just have to make sure I do it right.

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm still in the process of making the switch. I know I want to do it - I just haven't settled in on the device that's going to make the process the least painless.

My reasons:

- Absolutely, utterly and 100% bored. I'm a tinkerer, I love making setting changes, fixing wallpapers and customizing the design.
- Widgets. I so love widgets. I like having the chance to look down at my screen and see my schedule, emails, texts, weather and what not.
- Screen Size - I think I'm getting old or something. What wasn't an issue for years in all the iOS devices I have had - has now become one. Its really tough for me to see anything on my screen. I think the difference has become more noticable since I have been stalking the Best Buy mobile area, playing with all the phone options.

What terrifies me?
- I am smack dab in the center of a well oiled machine. I have a Macbook / iPad / iPhone. All my pictures are easily synced from my phone to my computer, to my iPad. I have no issues putting everything into iPhoto and iCalendar. I have no idea how to make things work between my Android phone and my Macbook with my photos and such. I already have come to terms with the fact I will need to use Google Calendar now.
- Phone Lag. I know I run the risk of getting a laggy device if I were to jump on something like the S4. Courtesy of the bloatware they put on the phone. I'm trying to decide between the Note 2 and the Moto X. Very different devices I know. But with my iPhone I don't have to worry about it slowing down and it does run really well.
- Crud Camera. I have to make sure the new device I get has a camera comprable to the iPhone 5. I have no issues with this camera and am constantly taking pictures of my girls.

More than anything? Hearing my Apple Fanboy of a husband telling me "I told you so..." if something goes wrong and buggy with the phone I pick.

I'm ready to jump ship, I just have to make sure I do it right.
If you're a tinkerer you'll love android. I used to be a huge Apple fanboy, but after I had two iPhone 5's get stolen or smashed within a month, I had enough. I had the choice to finally look around, because the security options for my iPhone weren't cutting it. If you're looking for something smooth and nice, I personally recommend the galaxy s4. I own a galaxy s3 after switching from an iPhone 5, and it had a few issues i've had to iron out myself. The audio hiss was the biggest problem for me, but after a whole lot of custom installations I've sorted it out. the Galaxy s4 has none of these problems, so you should be fine for the switch from IOS to Android. Just thought I would help you out with my experiences with Android and some products