Who Else Got A Letter From This Site Their CC Info Got Hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scaryhumor

May 13, 2010
Visit site
First, I'm not mad. It happens to the best of organizations.
I got a call from Chase the very end of June, asking about questionable charges. The first was $1.00 from a marketing firm from Washington state. The second was about an hour later from an on-line gambling site in England. The first was someone checking if it was legit, the second was after they sold it to someone.
I did not make either. Chase cancelled my card, cancelled the charges, and I got a new one the same day from a local branch. Problem. Problem identified. Problem fixed.
I received a letter from this site yesterday letting me know they got hacked, and my cc info was compromised. My most recent purchase was accessories for my S4 at the end of May.
Again, I'm not mad, just curious how many others got hit with this.
AC, please don't delete this post, and hopefully you have something in place to prevent it from happening again.
I will buy here again.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have worked for financial institutions for about a decade and it's sad how often this happens.
Even with what seems to be iron-clad security, like you mentioned - the best organizations can get hacked.

I personally didn't have an issue with this as I haven't bought anything yet from this site but a couple ideas that may help:

Don't use your debit card online/gas stations/suspect stores that can easily have had skimmers installed. With your debit card you feel the pain when your cash is drained due to fraud, and the several days it can take to get it back. Use either a credit card, or even better a prepaid debit card that you use solely for online purchases. They usually have fraud protection and the money that was taken would either be returned via your credit card provider or debit card provider and the delay won't be nearly as painful.

I've shop online constantly, I usually use paypal instead of putting my actual number out because if my checking account were to be compromised it would be devestating.

Hoping things work out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance