| || |
Back to the Drawing Board...
/* Sorry if this is in the wrong place, first time posting and wasn't sure where to post it */
Hey Android Central,
I need your help in picking my next phone. I haven't been really keeping up with phones since around December 2011, the year I got my first and soon to be replaced smartphone: the HTC Rezound. While it has served me well over the past 2 years, it's been worn down by time and getting to the point where I'd need to replace it. I remember back in winter '11, picking my phone was simple and clear cut: the Rezound had distinct advantages and disadvantages over its competitors, namely the Motorola DROID Razr, Samsung Galaxy S2, and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. But now I'm faced with a new line of Smartphones that, to me anyway, blur these distinctions, making it very difficult for me to pick what I need. Well, back to the drawing board...
In any case, here's what I'm looking for in a phone (ordered by priority):
- Price < $100 (I'll be purchasing through Amazon or any better (?) 3rd party vendor so more expensive phones should be cheaper around Winter when I buy)
- Display >= 342 ppi && Display >= 4.3"
- RAM >= 1 GB (Preferably 2)
- Processor >= 2 Cores (Preferably 4, but I realize this may not be feasible)
- LTE capable (Preferably on Verizon, my current carrier, but I'm willing to switch to ATT if need be)
- Preferably not a Samsung
I was looking around and these phones came to mind: Droid Razr Maxx HD, Droid Mini (not yet released), Droid DNA (disappeared from Verizon), HTC One (Pricey). What would you guys recommend (not necessarily limited to the few I just listed)?
Thanks for your time,