• 2 Post By benhmadison
  • 1 Post By ahaxton
  • 1 Post By amadkins
  • 1 Post By benhmadison
  • 1 Post By gone down south
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Angry Possible New Phone taxe to fund School Broadband!!

I do not want anymore taxes on my phone bill it is expensive enough!! I just needed to vent!
    Thanks
    pmjj

Want some free online storage see the link:

https://copy.com?r=B3nGac

Global Posts
    13,801 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Possible New Phone taxe to fund School Broadband!!

Quote Originally Posted by pmjj View Post
    I do not want anymore taxes on my phone bill it is expensive enough!! I just needed to vent!
    Thanks
    pmjj

I would prefer that we put that to a vote. I would not mind spending a few dollars to go to like the deficit, or something like that. But specifically for kids and internet? No. I disagree. Kids don't need a PC to learn ABC's and to count.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Have you never heard of a"trial balloon"?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Stupid kids and trying to bring schools into the 21st century. Leave 'em with chalk and slates, I say!
    benhmadison likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

I would not say kids are stupid. I would say yes we need these things to keep ourselves ( the children) relevant in a world economy. I would agree that it does need to be voted on, I just do not agree on more taxes let them (the government) be more creative with the tax dollars they already have.
    Want some free online storage see the link:

https://copy.com?r=B3nGac

The last line of the article says 12 dollars over 3 years. That's like 33 cents a month per line. A small price to pay for a well educated future generation.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    The last line of the article says 12 dollars over 3 years. That's like 33 cents a month per line. A small price to pay for a well educated future generation.
    Amen.
    benhmadison likes this.

I'd gladly pay for my child if it was a voluntary system. However, I don't see the virtue of the government (an instrument of force) stealing from me to redistribute towards ends that I don't control.

Any system based on force (like taxation based education) is immoral and prone to corruption. I'd much rather keep my tax money and the freedom to educate my own children than be forced into the collectivist scam.
    pmjj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by amadkins View Post
    I'd gladly pay for my child if it was a voluntary system. However, I don't see the virtue of the government (an instrument of force) stealing from me to redistribute towards ends that I don't control.

Any system based on force (like taxation based education) is immoral and prone to corruption. I'd much rather keep my tax money and the freedom to educate my own children than be forced into the collectivist scam.
    I hope you don't use any public facilities, that your kids have never attended public school, that you've never set foot in a public park or never driven on publicly funded roads. If you have then you were part of the "immorality" you speak of. How about the kids who don't have parents that care, are they just supposed to fend for themselves? Without taxes to support public education we have no education system. I am really not trying to turn this into a political debate but for the life of me I cannot understand people with your viewpoint. Are you that damn selfish that you only care about the well being of you and yours and could give a damn about anyone else?
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    gone down south likes this.

I hope you don't use any public facilities, that your kids have never attended public school, that you've never set foot in a public park or never driven on publicly funded roads. If you have then you were part of the "immorality" you speak of. How about the kids who don't have parents that care, are they just supposed to fend for themselves? Without taxes to support public education we have no education system. I am really not trying to turn this into a political debate but for the life of me I cannot understand people with your viewpoint. Are you that damn selfish that you only care about the well being of you and yours and could give a damn about anyone else?

Bring back the Poor Houses, let them work for their bread and gruel!
    benhmadison likes this.