Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Stough
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangout

I keep getting notifications that there's an update to Hangout but I really have no idea what it is other then the fact that it says it "replaces" talk, and I don' know what they mean by that either.
    Could someone please explain what it does? Thanks.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,034 Global Posts

Default Re: Hangout

hey there :-) hangouts is the updated version of google talk, it combines the messaging feature of Google talk with the video chat functions of hangouts. You can choose to chat with one person individually, choose a circle from Google plus, or add individuals separately. There are also some wicked new emojis :-) In stead of having to use both Google talk and hangouts for the chat function and video chat function, hangouts will completely replace Google talk on the device. It will only revert back to Google talk if you uninstall the update.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    25,297 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Quote Originally Posted by sheryltoo View Post
    I keep getting notifications that there's an update to Hangout but I really have no idea what it is other then the fact that it says it "replaces" talk, and I don' know what they mean by that either.
    Could someone please explain what it does? Thanks.
    Hangouts can also be disabled through Settings>Apps>Google Talk>Disable/Uninstall updates.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan

Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Stough View Post
    hey there :-) hangouts is the updated version of google talk, it combines the messaging feature of Google talk with the video chat functions of hangouts. You can choose to chat with one person individually, choose a circle from Google plus, or add individuals separately. There are also some wicked new emojis :-) In stead of having to use both Google talk and hangouts for the chat function and video chat function, hangouts will completely replace Google talk on the device. It will only revert back to Google talk if you uninstall the update.
    I learn a lesson.