Ram question

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I have this Ram which is being overused. Below this post is a screenshot of this. I feel like the overused Ram is making my phone slower. Is it true? If yes what to do? Every time I kill the tasks it comes back in no time. And i have to Deal with this lag all the time.

Sent from my GSIII

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, we can't see your screenshot.

RAM doesn't really get overused in Android, since Android's goal is to keep system RAM relatively full at all times, in order to swap between apps more efficiently. The problem may be with one or two apps that are using too much processor power when they shouldn't be (so-called "rogue" apps). You can try to sniff these out using battery stat apps like GSAM.

Here's an excellent article to learn about how RAM is used with Android: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

chirag05

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry, we can't see your screenshot.

RAM doesn't really get overused in Android, since Android's goal is to keep system RAM relatively full at all times, in order to swap between apps more efficiently. The problem may be with one or two apps that are using too much processor power when they shouldn't be (so-called "rogue" apps). You can try to sniff these out using battery stat apps like GSAM.

Here's an excellent article to learn about how RAM is used with Android: RAM: What it is, how it's used, and why you shouldn't care | Android Central

Actually there's some problem in uploading the screenshot. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sent from my GSIII