The FBI can remotely activate microphones on Android devices to record conversations.

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
"The FBI develops some hacking tools internally and purchases others from the private sector. With such technology, the bureau can remotely activate the microphones in phones running Google Inc.'s GOOG -0.40% Android software to record conversations, one former U.S. official said. It can do the same to microphones in laptops without the user knowing, the person said. Google declined to comment."

- FBI Taps Hacker Tactics to Spy on Suspects - WSJ.com

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
local cops did this where I live to make arrests in a highly publicized murder case a few years ago. They had a warrant however.

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Even as a libertarian, I'm not bothered by this at all. If law enforcement wants to listen in on my conversations, they'll find themselves quite bored in the process.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G (T-Mobile)

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Even as a libertarian, I'm not bothered by this at all. If law enforcement wants to listen in on my conversations, they'll find themselves quite bored in the process.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G (T-Mobile)

There's a lot of people out there who don't want the government knowing about their medical conditions, or the grief their family is going through because John Smith's son cheated on his wife, or other highly embarrassing and personal problems. I don't care if some people are ok with it, the fact is it's none of their F-ing business, period. Personally I hope that every willing worker in these citizen spying programs spends a LOT of hours at the office while their wives are giving it up for the neighbor. It'd be poetic justice. :p

kriswu12

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I remember having written a term paper with two friends about how an FB account can be hacked by the FBI even without a search warrant. I guess they've actually been doing this a lot since the technology started to improve. Anyway, I don't think this is a good thing. Even as I know that I'm not doing anything suspicious, it's still against my privacy; therefore, I hope that they discontinue it.

US Telecom on social media

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87