Any San Francisco-based T-Mobile or Sprint users out there? How would you rate your reception?

Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi.
I'm coming off a company phone (changing jobs), and finally have to get my own contract & handset. My company phone has always been with AT&T. Service has been OK, but reception in my apartment has always been relatively poor (I live in Pacific Heights). I'm finding myself quite tempted by the deals I'm seeing coming from the likes of T-Mobile & Sprint (particularly the "No-Contract" angle of T-Mobile), but I don't know much about their coverage. I've read that Sprint has the worst 4G/LTE coverage of all the networks, but when I look at coverage maps (like the ones at RootMetrics.com), it looks to be OK in my area. Am looking for some "Real People" reports, from the front lines. What are your experiences with these two carriers? Can you make/receive a call when you need to? How's your mobile data? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi.
I'm coming off a company phone (changing jobs), and finally have to get my own contract & handset. My company phone has always been with AT&T. Service has been OK, but reception in my apartment has always been relatively poor (I live in Pacific Heights). I'm finding myself quite tempted by the deals I'm seeing coming from the likes of T-Mobile & Sprint (particularly the "No-Contract" angle of T-Mobile), but I don't know much about their coverage. I've read that Sprint has the worst 4G/LTE coverage of all the networks, but when I look at coverage maps (like the ones at RootMetrics.com), it looks to be OK in my area. Am looking for some "Real People" reports, from the front lines. What are your experiences with these two carriers? Can you make/receive a call when you need to? How's your mobile data? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Do you happen to need unlimited data? If not then there are more choices than just sprint/T-Mobile

Sent from my XT881 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi.

You can check out sensorly .com. That site compiles actual data from cells.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Hjortron

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Am not sure if I'll really need unlimited data. At present, I use less than 2GB per month, though it might not hurt to have unlimited, if only to avoid overages. I don't think AT&T or Verizon do unlimited data right now, do they who were you suggesting?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Am not sure if I'll really need unlimited data. At present, I use less than 2GB per month, though it might not hurt to have unlimited, if only to avoid overages. I don't think AT&T or Verizon do unlimited data right now, do they who were you suggesting?

I have been averaging over 3 myself. Last month was 6.5.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

anonymous495876038576

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

I was going to suggest checking out a prepaid carrier that runs on sprint/tmobiles network of even AT&Ts. There is virgin mobile, boost, Straight talk although I hear a good amount of complaints from straight talk. Then there is this new aio. They may save you money even though they are on the same network. You will have to buy your phones outright and won't get the support of post paid carriers.

goingminimalist73.blogspot.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995