Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One or S4 for watching lots of TV/movies

Which is better for watching loads of tv/movies? Is the better quality screen on the HTC One the way to go, or the extra 0.3 inches on the S4? What I basically want to know is, is the slightly larger screen on the S4 even noticeable and is it a big difference?
    Banned from:

Crackberry

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: HTC One or S4 for watching lots of TV/movies

Quote Originally Posted by wanted198 View Post
    Which is better for watching loads of tv/movies? Is the better quality screen on the HTC One the way to go, or the extra 0.3 inches on the S4? What I basically want to know is, is the slightly larger screen on the S4 even noticeable and is it a big difference?
    I own the One and would say it's superior. The screen is great, as you mentioned. Do not forget to weigh the speakers as well. The front firing Beats enabled speakers make a HUGE difference for media consumption!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Even though the screen on the S4 is bigger, I would say the One.

The speakers on the front are amazing. I am so aggravated with the speaker on my S4. I can't figure out how to hold it to enhance the sound. I used to have an iPhone which I knew how to hold to divert the sound towards me. The HTC One has the best speaker set up by far. I wish all phones did that.

If you are listening through headphones, and the speakers don't matter then the screen on the S4 may be work grabbing instead.

Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    Huggin' it out with my Moto X, Galaxy Tab S 8.4 & Macbook Pro

The one hands down. Boomsound and the higher ppi owns.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I might actually use the boom sound instead of headphones sometimes. I am just worried that if I play it too loud it is going to blow, and it's offputting to pay that much money for a flagship phone that I have to worry about breaking due to faulty hardware.

I am most likely getting the one though.
    Banned from:

Crackberry

I wouldn't worry about the speakers blowing. My wife and I both use ours cranked all the way up and they sounds as great as they did the first day.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

I might actually use the boom sound instead of headphones sometimes. I am just worried that if I play it too loud it is going to blow, and it's offputting to pay that much money for a flagship phone that I have to worry about breaking due to faulty hardware.

I am most likely getting the one though.
    I perfer to use the headphones because the bass and tremble are fantastic

Posted via Android Central App

The HTC One.

The screen is a tad smaller compared to the GS4 but it's by no means, small.

The speakers seal the deal. Seriously, there is no smartphone that sounds THIS good, so far.

And the screen, though a lil' smaller, still has Full HD.

HTC one, 0.3" screen difference it negligible, plus sound that it produces, blows me away every time. Plus screen quality is superior with rich and realistic colors.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Only thing is the LG is 5.2. 0.5" is a fair amount, and the LG is an IPS which is very high quality as well. Just LG doesn't have boomsound and unfortunately volume control buttons on the back which really look bad.

I think I will get the One though.
    Banned from:

Crackberry