Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AIO Wireless and Moto X

I was considering ordering a Moto X through AT&T and using it with one of their goPhone plans. I was wondering if I find the data plan insufficient if the phone would perhaps work with AIO when it becomes available in about a month. Seems plausible since they are both basically AT&T right?

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: AIO Wireless and Moto X

It would work fine. You won't encounter a problem using any AT&T device on AIO.

Did you indeed use aio for your Moto X? How's it working out? My off-contract Moto x will arrive today, and I think I'm going to get an aio sim card.

I just traded my iPhone 5c for a moto x is for att. I'm using Aio wireless and you will need to update the APN settings. My iPhone took the Sim without any problems.

I have an issue where the phone reconnect to cellular data after disconnecting from WiFi. It shows the lte icon but its not illuminated. It takes several reboots for it to reconnect. Its a bit frustrating. Other than that and the att address book trying to connect, it works well.

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    CM 10 Nightly (Evita)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kenyon View Post
    It would work fine. You won't encounter a problem using any AT&T device on AIO.
    I know this is an old post, but just wanted to clarify.

I've had no problems activating Android or WP8 devices from AT&T on aio, but iPhone is a whole other beast. They have to be unlocked first. :/

But I hear that aio is trying to get something worked out where that doesn't need to happen in order for more people to bring their locked iPhones over.
    tgp

Global Posts
    2,720 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toramorigan View Post
    I know this is an old post, but just wanted to clarify.

I've had no problems activating Android or WP8 devices from AT&T on aio, but iPhone is a whole other beast. They have to be unlocked first. :/

But I hear that aio is trying to get something worked out where that doesn't need to happen in order for more people to bring their locked iPhones over.
    That said, if the OP is buying a new Moto X, I would recommend getting a T-Mobile version. They're unlocked and unbranded, and it has the LTE bands that AT&T uses. It's actually not T-Mobile at all; it's just the one that T-Mobile sells.
    Current lineup: Nexus 5 (primary device), Lumia 920, Moto G, and Lumia 520. There, I did it; I updated my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by tgp View Post
    That said, if the OP is buying a new Moto X, I would recommend getting a T-Mobile version. They're unlocked and unbranded, and it has the LTE bands that AT&T uses. It's actually not T-Mobile at all; it's just the one that T-Mobile sells.
    Three montes ago when this thread started, you couldn't get a custom T-Mobile Moto X. I suspect that may have played into the choice.

Posted via Android Central App

Hi folks, just found this site so registered to ask a question and continue to be educated!

I snagged one of the codes for $150 off the Moto X. I need to place my order with Motorola in a couple of days so am trying to figure out which model to get -- ATT, Sprint, VZ, or T-mobile. Since I don't get a decent VZ signal in my house and am fed up with Sprint's spotty coverage, I've decided to go with AIO. So, the question is if I should order the T-mobile one or the ATT one. As I understand it, Motorola will ship each locked to its respective company, and I want to be able to use it on AIO and be able to use all the ATT bands -- LTE, HSPA (?), etc. If AIO doesn't work out, I'd like to be able to take it to T-mobile sometime later..... One of the posts above seems to say the T-Mobile version will work on T-mobile and ATT. Advice and comments welcome!