Google Now Reminders and Gmail Issues

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Once again, alerts for reminders have stopped firing. Anyone else having this intermittent problem? Thoughts? Oddly, Google Keep reminders seem to be working perfectly. Also having issues with Gmail randomly not pushing new email, usually when I first turn the phone on in the morning. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Once again, alerts for reminders have stopped firing. Anyone else having this intermittent problem? Thoughts? Oddly, Google Keep reminders seem to be working perfectly. Also having issues with Gmail randomly not pushing new email, usually when I first turn the phone on in the morning. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Just tested mine. Works. Are you trying to set by time or location? Location has always been horrible for me.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Just tested mine. Works. Are you trying to set by time or location? Location has always been horrible for me.
I haven't had good luck with their location based reminders, either. I had a checklist of things that was set to give me a reminder when I got to the grocery store with one thing that was checked off. It waited until I was in my car leaving the store before it reminded me of the thing I had already checked off. So the only thing it reminded me of was a useless thing at a useless time.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had good luck with their location based reminders, either. I had a checklist of things that was set to give me a reminder when I got to the grocery store with one thing that was checked off. It waited until I was in my car leaving the store before it reminded me of the thing I had already checked off. So the only thing it reminded me of was a useless thing at a useless time.

I have just accustomed myself to using Now, or Keep as a time reminder. It's not so bad. If you are sure you will be at (Location X) by (Y Time), it really won't be so bad.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I have just accustomed myself to using Now, or Keep as a time reminder. It's not so bad. If you are sure you will be at (Location X) by (Y Time), it really won't be so bad.
They do work really well for the time based reminders. I use that quite a bit more frequently and it's super convenient.

I also use Astrid and Tasker to get location based reminders for my to-do list and it works really well. I think I'm going to just make my own to-do list in Tasker. That will allow me to also make custom lock screen widgets that give me my to-do lists based on location or add stuff to my lists from PC's or my tablet.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
They do work really well for the time based reminders. I use that quite a bit more frequently and it's super convenient.

I also use Astrid and Tasker to get location based reminders for my to-do list and it works really well. I think I'm going to just make my own to-do list in Tasker. That will allow me to also make custom lock screen widgets that give me my to-do lists based on location or add stuff to my lists from PC's or my tablet.

I am starting to make lists in Keep and setting a reminder that way. Any other kind of reminder I use Now.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Update : cleared data, and it's working again. Guess we'll see if it holds.