What are different ways to update version of Android?

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
i tried kies, cant make it work.. so im asking, what are the different ways on how update the android software? except kies.

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
im using at&t galaxy s2 (skyrocket)

i dont know how to rom/root. i still have to read and understand the guides, i already checked it, lots of work.

what is OTA?

is there like easy installation? like kies?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
OTA means over the air. They are updates from the carrier that you don't have to plug your phone into a computer to get. After you read the guides on rooting and romming, read them again. Then read them again. Over and over until you understand what's going to happen. There's a lot of risk involved with doing that. Risk you have to assume responsibility for. My phone is rooted, SuperCID, S-Off and rommed with MoDaCo Switch Beta 13. I've assumed a lot of responsibility. I've had my HTC One with no OS at one point and been able to recover it because I did a lot of reading a long time ago. The best thing you can do is read about how to use ADB, what rooting and romming entails and how to fix things when it goes amiss. You could be an Android power user someday, but not without learning the best practices for the techniques and recovery. Please make sure you read way too much before you do anything.
I'm not speaking down to you, but I was in your shoes once. I spent a lot of time to learn what I know, you should do the same thing I did. Not only will you save yourself endless troubles, you'll also be able to help those who don't do what we did.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If your carrier has released a version of Android for your particular phone, then ask you have to do is connect to the and it'll be pushed to you.

If they haven't, then prepare to dive very very deep into the minutiae of the operating system. You're going to have to do a lot of research, and then do it again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
i have 4.0.4 version , when i go to software update in the phone, it says no available update for now.

i know at&t already released an update, what is causing this?

floatynotes

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
In the unofficial Android firmware development community, there are two major choices: CyanogenMod and MIUI. Both are built on the Android source code officially released by Google, and their latest versions are based on Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread). As of this writing, the volunteer development teams of both projects are working to get new versions built on Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich").

What's the difference between the two? CyanogenMod sticks with the basic, default components of Android that come with its source code release; its UI is "clean," devoid of unnecessary extras. MIUI completely overhauls the stock Android UI with one that resembles that of Apple's iOS.

If your Android phone is (or was) a popular model, it is probably supported by either the CyanogenMod or MIUI community.

If not, there is still a chance that somebody may be working on a port for your specific phone; search its model name in the official community forums for CyanogenMod or MIUI to see if there is such an on-going effort. (An excellent source to check is Android Forums.) But know that some or several features of your phone may not work if you install such an experimental, work-in-progress build of CyanogenMod or MIUI that is not officially sanctioned by that OS's community.

If you guys want to known more about how to update version of android download flotynotes - notes sharing android application, and i will send you the complete documentation.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
In the unofficial Android firmware development community, there are two major choices: CyanogenMod and MIUI. Both are built on the Android source code officially released by Google, and their latest versions are based on Android 2.3 (codenamed Gingerbread). As of this writing, the volunteer development teams of both projects are working to get new versions built on Android 4.0 ("Ice Cream Sandwich").

What's the difference between the two? CyanogenMod sticks with the basic, default components of Android that come with its source code release; its UI is "clean," devoid of unnecessary extras. MIUI completely overhauls the stock Android UI with one that resembles that of Apple's iOS.

If your Android phone is (or was) a popular model, it is probably supported by either the CyanogenMod or MIUI community.

If not, there is still a chance that somebody may be working on a port for your specific phone; search its model name in the official community forums for CyanogenMod or MIUI to see if there is such an on-going effort. (An excellent source to check is Android Forums.) But know that some or several features of your phone may not work if you install such an experimental, work-in-progress build of CyanogenMod or MIUI that is not officially sanctioned by that OS's community.

If you guys want to known more about how to update version of android download flotynotes - notes sharing android application, and i will send you the complete documentation.

Those are outdated roms bro. Cm is on 4.2.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

patteruz

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Those are pretty much your options.
z8CZROz

Last edited:

floatynotes

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Right Bro, but i have shared that information from my previous R&D.

Right now i am sharing from my recent research. Waiting for your relevant reply.

Thanx

A couple of days ago, Google started rolling out the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10, with the Nexus 4 joining the list today. The update is being rolled out over-the-air, so it can take up to a couple of weeks or more for it to be available on your Nexus device.

If you have root access, you can easily install the update manually. If not, you can try to pull the update manually from Google?s server. Depending on your region and your luck, you might just be able to manually initiate the OTA update on your Nexus device. Here are the steps you?ll need to give it a go.

Before you try the steps mentioned below to manually pull the OTA update from Google?s server, make sure you have not modified the stock experience on your Nexus 4 by installing any kind of custom ROMs or kernels. Also, keep in mind that the steps below are not intended for the Verizon or Sprint Galaxy Nexus, since the updates are not being rolled out to these handsets yet.

1. Navigate to Settings → Apps on your Nexus 4, Galaxy Nexus or the Nexus 7/10. Swipe to the right and head over to the ?All? tab inside Apps.

2. From the list of all installed apps and games on your device, find ?Google Services Framework? system app.

3. First, tap on the ?Force Stop? and then tap on the ?Clear data? option.

4. Now, head over to About Phone → System Updates and tap the ?Refresh? button.

Depending on your region and a bit of luck, the Android 4.2.2 update should successfully show up on your Nexus device. If the above steps do not work, repeat them but reboot your device after step 3. You may also need to repeat the steps multiple times for the update to show up on your device.

Keep in mind that this is just a trick to manually initiate the OTA update process on your Nexus device. It may or may not work depending on the availability of the OTA file on the Google server of your region.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03