Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Some things about HTC One vs Galaxy S4

I am more in favour of the One but the S4 has a few things. The screen is bigger on the S4, and with the LG G2 being 5.2 inches that's half an inch bigger than the One. It kind of makes me feel the One's screen is getting a bit small in modern smartphones and one of the main things I want to do is watch TV/movies. But the screen on the One is meant to be very high quality which I don't know whether that makes up for the smaller screen or not?

Another thing is over-heating. Apparently the One is quite bad with it. Like I said I will be watching a lot of media and videos supposedly heat up the device a lot. So it can have a very nice screen but if it heats up from moderate-heavy TV/movies then that is a big problem. Since it has a metal back this is probably a problem for it.

The boomsound speakers are nice, I imagine I will mostly be listening through headphones though since I will be out in places where I can't play things out loud. This is mostly about the screen, with the S4 having 5 inch and the G2 having 5.2, the One's 4.7 inch screen seems a bit small now. Is it big enough for media, and is the quality of it worth it?

And does the One have much larger over-heating problems compared to the S4?
    Banned from:

Crackberry

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Some things about HTC One vs Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by wanted198 View Post
    I am more in favour of the One but the S4 has a few things. The screen is bigger on the S4, and with the LG G2 being 5.2 inches that's half an inch bigger than the One. It kind of makes me feel the One's screen is getting a bit small in modern smartphones and one of the main things I want to do is watch TV/movies. But the screen on the One is meant to be very high quality which I don't know whether that makes up for the smaller screen or not?

Another thing is over-heating. Apparently the One is quite bad with it. Like I said I will be watching a lot of media and videos supposedly heat up the device a lot. So it can have a very nice screen but if it heats up from moderate-heavy TV/movies then that is a big problem. Since it has a metal back this is probably a problem for it.

The boomsound speakers are nice, I imagine I will mostly be listening through headphones though since I will be out in places where I can't play things out loud. This is mostly about the screen, with the S4 having 5 inch and the G2 having 5.2, the One's 4.7 inch screen seems a bit small now. Is it big enough for media, and is the quality of it worth it?

And does the One have much larger over-heating problems compared to the S4?
    Hello again, sir! I totally understand all your questions about these devices and wanting to make the best choice for yourself, so please continue to post. The screen being bigger, while that's true, isn't a HUGE difference. It makes some, though, so I won't argue that point for my device of choice. The quality is probably the best there is. I have yet to see a phone with a better looking screen than the One.
    Over-heating is sort of a weird thing to talk about. You have to understand how the One is designed. The aluminum unibody actually acts as a heat sink for the device. It radiates heat better than the plastic the S4 and G2 are made of. You'll feel it in your hand, but more importantly what you're feeling won't be felt as much by the internal components. This is something everyone is not talking about, yet is very important to me. I keep my phone in my car, which I spend a ton of time in. It gets very very very hot when the sun is on the phone. I don't worry about it, and have never seen any effects that would cause me to do so. Let the metal do it's job!
    The speakers are amazing, you're totally right! Also, the bundled earbuds aren't half bad for being free. I believe they're unbranded Beats. Not the best you can buy, for sure, but not bad! Beats eq will perform through the headphone jack and enhance the audio of what you're listening to as well. It's not limited to the external speakers.
    I hope this helps, but it should be noted I have a One and I love it. Wait for others to post, as you've seen what I had to say. I did want to take an opportunity to reply to your questions as a user of one of the possible devices for you, though.
    Good luck with your decision. It's not an easy one and I do not envy you.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, well if the metal being warm is actually better for the device then I'm very happy with that. Thanks for letting me know.

In terms of quality of screen, how much better is the One than the S4? Is it considerable or minor?
    Banned from:

Crackberry

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Not too huge from the S4, but it is noticeable.