Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LURKER needs help!!

Hey guys!

First of all this is an amazing community/forum. I have been "lurking" here since I got my first EVO years ago.

Anyways I shattered my s2 screen last night

I am able to use my mother in laws upgrade however whatever phone I choose will have to last me at LEAST a year. Also, I am tight on money so my options are limited to the free upgrades on Sprint.

I have been considering the EVO LTE or the Optimus G (I think thats what its called?)

Which of these phones would you guys suggest? Will both have ample support (updates etc) for the next year?

I know I am a newbie but any advice is very much appreciated!!!

Thanks

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: LURKER needs help!!

Quote Originally Posted by NattyDaddy View Post
    Hey guys!

First of all this is an amazing community/forum. I have been "lurking" here since I got my first EVO years ago.

Anyways I shattered my s2 screen last night

I am able to use my mother in laws upgrade however whatever phone I choose will have to last me at LEAST a year. Also, I am tight on money so my options are limited to the free upgrades on Sprint.

I have been considering the EVO LTE or the Optimus G (I think thats what its called?)

Which of these phones would you guys suggest? Will both have ample support (updates etc) for the next year?

I know I am a newbie but any advice is very much appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Welcome to the forums!
    As for both devices and support, I am not sure. The Optimus is a nice device, but I am honestly not sure of how much it's going to get supported. Same goes for the HTC. If you only need it for a year, and they are dirt cheap, then I say, who cares?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums!
    As for both devices and support, I am not sure. The Optimus is a nice device, but I am honestly not sure of how much it's going to get supported. Same goes for the HTC. If you only need it for a year, and they are dirt cheap, then I say, who cares?
    Thanks for the response. I guess my question was will these (you think) be supported for at least another year...software updates etc.

So you would suggest the Optimus?

In the back of my mind im thinkin iphone 4s bc it seems they are still supporting it but I dread going back to apple and the little screen

Global Posts
    20,811 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by NattyDaddy View Post
    Thanks for the response. I guess my question was will these (you think) be supported for at least another year...software updates etc.

So you would suggest the Optimus?

In the back of my mind im thinkin iphone 4s bc it seems they are still supporting it but I dread going back to apple and the little screen
    Honestly, I am not sure. HTC doesn't have the greatest track record of updates, nor does LG. But, if you don't care about being completely up to date, I think both phones are on 4.1, then it doesn't really matter.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: