eBay trouble

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Last week on Friday 9/6 I sold my Verizon Galaxy Note II on eBay. Since it was my first sale, PayPal held my money for a while. It hadn't been cleared as of this afternoon so I gave them a call and they released the funds to me immediately. About 20 minutes after that, I got an email from eBay letting me know that the buyer had opened a claim stating that the phone I sold him was not functional and was suffering from ?Sudden Death Syndrome?. I don't see how this is possible. I did research and it seems that the VZW Note II doesn't suffer from this. I also think its fishy that he gave me positive feedback on my phone and then as soon as the PayPal funds cleared, he complains... Any advice?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
The way PayPal works the funds clearing shouldn't even be visible to him, so no, that's not suspicious. As for the phone not working, these things do happen. There's no electronic device in existence that never fails prematurely. You could ask him to send the device back to you, and check to see if it's the same one and/or is really broken. At this point it largely depends on how much you want to be helpful versus adversarial.

gcaver2

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Did you specify '' as is'' in your ad? If you did then I would upload his written positive feedback to EBAY & PAYPAL attached to his request for a refund informing them I have no intention of refunding his payment. If you did not specify '' as is'' have him send the phone back and refund the money after it arrives. If it does still work resist it if not then toss it unless you want to sell it as '' as is, damaged for parts. ''

Gcaver2

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
He claims that he's sending it in to Samsung to be repaired under warranty. It does seem to be legit. I guess I was just skeptical of selling on eBay as it was and then to have that happen, was just a little strange. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if pp still works this way but people were able to take the funds back if the funds in your pp accoutn hadn't been withdrawn or possibly cleared. I remember there was this loophole awhile back and it seems it could/may be something along those lines or it could just be coincidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol