Decided to stick with android, Moto X or HTC ONE?

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
So yeah, the questions been asked before, but I really need to decide between these two phones on att. I would love to go with Google edition htc one, but can't do 650 dollars upfront. Have to do the carrier route with AT&T next.

The things I like about the moto x are it's battery life, stock(ish) android, and I think notifications display and touches control could be cool, but until I use it I can't know for sure if it's a selling point for me.

Downsides are it's screen, camera, and whether or not it's silicone will hold up over the next two years.

The things I like about the HTC ONE are it's screen, it's build quality, the front speakers, and the camera is supposed to be better than the X's camera.

The things I don't like are that it's not stock android, I'm not sure if I'm confidant of HTC getting updates to the phone, and the battery life is probably going to be worse on the ONE compared to the moto x.

Really, I'm not sure. It's a question of software experience vs specs.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
You could always put roms on the HTC one. It seems to me you have your mind set. Battery life. I would suggest perhaps looking into the lg g2. It has very nice battery life a screen that is on-par with the One.

I really can't tell if you are buying outright or not. But i'd personally take the g2.

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I would probably go with the Moto X. The only downside I see is a worse camera. But from what I have heard the camera can be fixed with a software update since it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue. As for specs, the way I see it is that you need higher specs if the phone demands it. From what I could tell (reviews and videos) the Moto X flies through everything it does so as far as the specs go I don't really see a point in having a top of the line processor if it works fine without it. I also agree with what you said about updates, I highly doubt the HTC One will get many more updates if at all. Their history of sending out updates has been notoriously bad.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Moto X. USA. I am about 80% getting this phone. Note 3 just got to damn gimmicky with the proprietary watch and plastic stitching. Love the geeky of it, but as practicality sets in.....I don't think I am going Samsung this next round. Spec wars are hindering software wars! I think the moto x is going to be awesome for a long time......nexus 5 and the note 3 are all I would consider besides the moto x. Lg g2 is good, but those buttons by the camera kill it for me.....especially the Verizon version.....ewwwwww:cool:

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Moto X. USA. I am about 80% getting this phone. Note 3 just got to damn gimmicky with the proprietary watch and plastic stitching. Love the geeky of it, but as practicality sets in.....I don't think I am going Samsung this next round. Spec wars are hindering software wars! I think the moto x is going to be awesome for a long time......nexus 5 and the note 3 are all I would consider besides the moto x. Lg g2 is good, but those buttons by the camera kill it for me.....especially the Verizon version.....ewwwwww:cool:

Same here. Have the Note 1 and 2 but going a different route this time cause i simply dont use all the features. I was all set on the Moto x But if the Nexus 5 is all they say.. I may have to go ahead with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Have the Note 1 and 2 but going a different route this time cause i simply dont use all the features. I was all set on the Moto x But if the Nexus 5 is all they say.. I may have to go ahead with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

I would go nexus 5 but only on Verizon. I think about changing networks then remember my friends on other networks and their crappy service. Moto x otherwise. However, there are times the note has bee so awesome to have, and I am not sure I can live without the features:confused:

Last edited:

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So yeah, the questions been asked before, but I really need to decide between these two phones on att. I would love to go with Google edition htc one, but can't do 650 dollars upfront. Have to do the carrier route with AT&T next.

The things I like about the moto x are it's battery life, stock(ish) android, and I think notifications display and touches control could be cool, but until I use it I can't know for sure if it's a selling point for me.

Downsides are it's screen, camera, and whether or not it's silicone will hold up over the next two years.

The things I like about the HTC ONE are it's screen, it's build quality, the front speakers, and the camera is supposed to be better than the X's camera.

The things I don't like are that it's not stock android, I'm not sure if I'm confidant of HTC getting updates to the phone, and the battery life is probably going to be worse on the ONE compared to the moto x.

I'll throw in my two cents since I've used both and went from the ONE to the X.

Like you, I was attracted to the X for the size and the battery life. The things that I worried about were a downgrade in screen quality, a downgrade in speaker quality and just the overall feeling of downgrading specs.
After using the X for two weeks now, I do not miss my ONE at all. Now that's not to say the ONE isn't an amazing device (arguably the best device of 2013) but to me the X is better.

The screen is nice. It's not quite HTC ONE nice, but the only time you can tell the difference is if they are side by side. the loudspeaker on the X is great, sure it's not boom sound but the quality is very close.

The form factor is no contest. After using the X for a few days I picked up the ONE and it just felt heavy and long and after using a device with superb button placement (the X), HTC's questionable button layout on the ONE was even more evident than before.

There are widespread complaints about the camera on the X but honestly I think it is pretty good. It's not S4 good, but it's much better than the N4. I have taken some great shots with it and some that were just out of focus. For low light shots the ONE wins hands down but the low light capabilities are better on the X then say the S4 or iPhone. Overall I would choose the X camera over the ONE's camera simply because I take most of my shots in the daylight and I like a higher megapixel count, it's all personal preference of course and many people would disagree with me on that.

If you don't mind rooting your device, the ONE runs the Google Edition software brilliantly. If you don't root, then Sense 5 is still a great skin but it is quite different from stock.

As far as battery life goes the X is better. That's not to say the ONE isn't really good. My wife typically gets 15 to 20 hours with moderate use on her ONE running Sense 5. I was never able to get that kind of battery life on the ONE while running stock android though.

In the end it's all up to you but I hope this helps in your decision!

mrscaston30

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I had the HTC One for a short period of time and absolutely loved it. I didn't have an issue with battery life because I wasn't a heavy user. But my issue that I had was I dropped it once and the screen shattered and now I can't get it fixed anywhere. I have to send it back to HTC and pay 200 for repair. That's something you may want to consider when buying it. Tech support is limited for repairs of any kind. Other than that, I loved it.

Posted via Android Central App

Kayone73

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

You don't have to pay full price for the Google Edition HTC One, get a 64gb AT&T One at contract price, then root and unlock the bootloader and you can flash one of the many custom Google Edition roms easily.

That's the route I went which is better because the Google Edition One only has 32gb storage. I love the hardware but didn't care for Sense UI at all after a few weeks of trying it out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12