Android is Leaving me with little choice

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Only One Major OEM supports expandable memory, ok fine then give me a 64g... Oh can't get that either.. No removable battery fine.. I can live with that.. As long as the one in the thing last.. Well looks i can't find an Android in this country with a great battery and huge amounts of memory (64g) i have a cloud service but don't want to stream all of the time. I need on board memory .. Unless i get a Samsung (which i have). But I would like to be able to buy another phone other than a Gs4 or Note(nothing wrong with them just would like another option)
Apple at least has a decent battery and gives those of us who need a large amount of memory an option and i swear I'm thinking about jumping over because of it.. I don't like the Gs4 and I'm growing old of the size on the Note... But those are my only options for large amounts of memory and great battery... For android to be all about flexibility... Its sad

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what OP is whining about.

You get more storage out of a 32 GB phone with expandable memory (another 64 GB) than you could out of a 64 GB iPhone.

Plus a 64 GB card is only $50, while the 64 GB iPhone is $200 MORE than the 16 GB iPhone. (16 GB - $199, 32 GB - $299, 64 GB $399).

So the way I see it is this - would you rather have Android and another 64 GB for $50 extra, or would you rather have iOS and another 48 GB for $200 extra?

Either way, I don't think anybody will feel bad for the OP if he's suckered into buying a $400 iPhone on-contract because it has 64 GB.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
The only HTC one available is 32g in the US other than At&t it's an exclusive.... But again thanks

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like Verizon is leaving you little choice, not Android.

Well unless there is a phone on "all carriers" and not just at&t that has an android with 64gb minus expandable memory it would be android and its OEMs....Verizon, sprint, tmobile all have no new flagship devices with 64gb

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not trying to knock Android I love android. ..it just upsets me...if ur going to move away from expandable memory. .provide options...and eventuality if I have to choose between my content and an OS...with viable options available. ..the OS is going to lose every time

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I think the thing is, and I may be wrong, that you are in a minority. Most people do not have to carry around 64gb of content. Cloud storage has cut way down on that (I know you said you don't want to use that). Batteries are getting better and charging options are improving. I understand your personal frustration though.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the thing is, and I may be wrong, that you are in a minority. Most people do not have to carry around 64gb of content. Cloud storage has cut way down on that (I know you said you don't want to use that). Batteries are getting better and charging options are improving. I understand your personal frustration though.

I agree I maybe in the minority.... but Apple speaks to it...seems that OEMs understand it too..but for some reason they don't make it to the US. . this is the first time since ive had an android(dinc). .Im actually really considering switching... kinda of a let down.. but I'm gonna ride it out with the note 3 and over the next year 1 of 2 hopefully happen. .iphone gets a bigger screen or there is a nice 64gb flagship released in the US (non exclusive)

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Also I would never choose an OS over options. Options change too frequently.

Oh no not options. .content meaning. .my music...its the most important thing to me on my phone...by far...tons of it...ill research more on music players accessing Dropbox....but the player would need to be on poweramp level...ima gonna have to see how far I can stretch my data plan using my cloud more for now

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
If u need more that 64 gb of extra memory on top of phone memory then u should rethink about storing the internet on ur phone. Seriously if u have that much information to go through ur doing something wrong.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If u need more that 64 gb of extra memory on top of phone memory then u should rethink about storing the internet on ur phone. Seriously if u have that much information to go through ur doing something wrong.

I think you misunderstood. ..Im saying if Google is moving away from expandable memory then offer to the masses (not just one exclusive phone)..a 64gb phone... there are none available to each carrier in the US... I'm saying a 64Gb phone would be great.... my only option is to get an iphone with 64gb ..or stay with samsung which supports my 64gb sd..the LG G2, Moto X, Htc one, and all other US flagships should be offered in 64gb on all major carries like the iphone

And I don't think if I have a $700 device there is anything crazy about wanting to store 64gb of music on it..ipods proved that... I had about 40gb of music on my note2 .. I trimmed when I thought about purchasing the G2...but then I thought to myself I shouldn't have to do that...ill buy an iphone before I get rid of music on my device. ..its stupid...imo. android OEMS have until next year to keep my money ..or its apple time (unless I like the Gs5)

Last edited:

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
There are so many options with Android devives, yet the OP might be the first I've seen someone find the exact device that meets their needs, but complain there aren't others like it.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
There are so many options with Android devives, yet the OP might be the first I've seen someone find the exact device that meets their needs, but complain there aren't others like it.

What device meets my need? iphone? Im confused.... I think the point is I don't want to have to go to iphone iphone ... it's just a discussion man...I think that's what a forum is intended for..I know my options. .i have the phone that resolves my problem. .im just discussing how the future of android is going to push me and users alike away from android if OEMs don't address it..cause samsung is the only option

TheyStoleMyName

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I think you misunderstood. ..Im saying if Google is moving away from expandable memory then offer to the masses (not just one exclusive phone)..a 64gb phone... there are none available to each carrier in the US... I'm saying a 64Gb phone would be great.... my only option is to get an iphone with 64gb ..or stay with samsung which supports my 64gb sd..the LG G2, Moto X, Htc one, and all other US flagships should be offered in 64gb on all major carries like the iphone

And I don't think if I have a $700 device there is anything crazy about wanting to store 64gb of music on it..ipods proved that... I had about 40gb of music on my note2 .. I trimmed when I thought about purchasing the G2...but then I thought to myself I shouldn't have to do that...ill buy an iphone before I get rid of music on my device. ..its stupid...imo. android OEMS have until next year to keep my money ..or its apple time (unless I like the Gs5)

Htc makes 64gb models. Samsung does too, lg opitmus g has 16 with room for more and the g pro has 32 with expandable memory same with samsung. I dont think its android whos eliminating the expandable memory but device manufacturers are. What different with apple the go up 64gb.

Ur one of the select few who need that much storage. Why dont u get a dedicated mp3 player so u dont kill ur battery?

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Ipods were designed to carry that much content, smartphones were not.

Look the OEMs make the 64gb versions. .US doesn't see em....thats all I'm saying. .bring them to America. ..I'm not asking for a 120gb phone. .just the option to buy thw ones the OEMs make at 64gb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood