Remove devices in Google account

kenrw7

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I want to set up my Gmail account on my phone but can not due to having too many devices registered.

Have logged into my Google account I have four devices two of which I no longer have (I did factory reset before passing them on) and can not remove as Google can not connect to them (they have new owners now).

The recommendation from Google is complete useless " do a factory reset and remove from your account" as mentioned I did this and still can not remove.

Does anyone know I can remove them or even contact Google, this fustrated me to closely to having a complete dislike and hatred of Google.

regards

Ken

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I could have sworn there was a way to delete them from your account. I'll have to take a look at this when I get home.

That's weird that it did that to you after 4 devices. I know I have my account tied to more than that.

kenrw7

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Response from Help, as I have said complete and utterly useless is Google.

Contact us

Thanks for contacting us.

If you want to recover your username or password, please try this recovery process. (Learn more) It’s possible that you still may not be able to recover your account after finishing the process. We are very sorry that we cannot provide you further help in this case, so we recommend you to create a new account.

Please choose one of the supports you'd like to ask
Phone call

kenrw7

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Great, I've to delete the the account loose all app purchases. I'll never trust google again going to be Google free Chome is going, google search is going, I'll move from android when contract expires.
They will get Awful reviews from me

regards.

Ken
GOOGLE IS NOT RECOMMENDED STAY CLEAR

Kenrw8

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
As you see I've re registered on this site as the previous username accessed using my Google account which I've now deleted, not only deleted the account disabled all Google products on my phone deleted Chrome on my PC, where and when possible going nothing to do with Google.Has cost me ?35 in paid apps, Absolute rubbish!!!!

GeekNews

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Ran across this thread while looking for the same answer. From what I see there is pretty much NO WAY to do it. You can log into your play store account from a browser and click on settings and hide old devices from the menus but that doesn't help me much. I want the dang things completely disassociated with my account.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You cannot remove devices. However, if a device is not used, eventually it will be dropped off the list. I don't know how long a device must be inactive to be dropped, but it will.