Motorola: Moto X Flagship Vs. Droids.... Will the droids be left behind.
This is not a post about which is better or what not.
This is a post i have about a serious "fear" of mine. I come from an HTC thunderbolt and a Droid 3 so i have been left behind numerous times.
I am now about to by an Unlocked Droid Maxx and affraid motorola will forget about the droids since they now have their flagship Moto X.
I am not smart enough to know about the difficulties surrounding updating the os on these phones but are they so similiar they can be updated with the same files or do they need their own reworking and if they do will moto just service their flagship and let the droids linger and die?
- 09-21-2013, 10:07 PM #2
Re: Motorola: Moto X Flagship Vs. Droids.... Will the droids be left behind.
Tough to speculate. The common perception is that Verizon loves the Droid line, but if that were the case, why are so many left behind? Maybe they like selling them, but not supporting them. The Moto X obviously is on more carriers so may have more of a public following and push for service, but it's hard to guess at how OEM's and Carriers will treat a device. The devices are very similar on user facing aspects, but likely different enough that each one takes additional time/resources to support.
Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
May the Force Be With You
Community Rules & Guidelines
- 09-22-2013, 01:53 PM #3
- By thegrants82 in forum Moto XReplies: 238Last Post: 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM
- By Beantown Bashers in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 19Last Post: 09-23-2013, 08:45 AM
- By dpham00 in forum VerizonReplies: 5Last Post: 09-22-2013, 08:35 PM
- By bbrannack in forum Moto XReplies: 0Last Post: 09-21-2013, 09:30 PM
- By mirandagg in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-21-2013, 09:04 PM