1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola: Moto X Flagship Vs. Droids.... Will the droids be left behind.

This is not a post about which is better or what not.
    This is a post i have about a serious "fear" of mine. I come from an HTC thunderbolt and a Droid 3 so i have been left behind numerous times.
    I am now about to by an Unlocked Droid Maxx and affraid motorola will forget about the droids since they now have their flagship Moto X.
    I am not smart enough to know about the difficulties surrounding updating the os on these phones but are they so similiar they can be updated with the same files or do they need their own reworking and if they do will moto just service their flagship and let the droids linger and die?
    BCB

Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Motorola: Moto X Flagship Vs. Droids.... Will the droids be left behind.

Tough to speculate. The common perception is that Verizon loves the Droid line, but if that were the case, why are so many left behind? Maybe they like selling them, but not supporting them. The Moto X obviously is on more carriers so may have more of a public following and push for service, but it's hard to guess at how OEM's and Carriers will treat a device. The devices are very similar on user facing aspects, but likely different enough that each one takes additional time/resources to support.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Default Re: Motorola: Moto X Flagship Vs. Droids.... Will the droids be left behind.

Since the hardware is really common with the X and droids, and they both are on Verizon, I am sure they will be updated around the same time.