Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jnorton2724
  • 1 Post By ultravisitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC ONE or Moto x?

Right now I'm kinda between the attached HTC one or Moto x. I have a upgrade coming up and need to decide between these two.

I value battery life, I want a good to great camera, and lag free performance (or close to it)

Global Posts
    6,211 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: HTC ONE or Moto x?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    Right now I'm kinda between the attached HTC one or Moto x. I have a upgrade coming up and need to decide between these two.

I value battery life, I want a good to great camera, and lag free performance (or close to it)
    Both are great performers, but from what I've read the HTC One has the better camera. There's been a lot of buzz about the Moto X's camera being subpar with folks hoping that a future firmware update will correct the issues. With that in mind, and knowing those are the two devices I'm considering I'd probably lean towards the HTC One.

Have you considered the LG G2 as well?
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Both are great performers, but from what I've read the HTC One has the better camera. There's been a lot of buzz about the Moto X's camera being subpar with folks hoping that a future firmware update will correct the issues. With that in mind, and knowing those are the two devices I'm considering I'd probably lean towards the HTC One.

Have you considered the LG G2 as well?
    I'm not a fan of that size of phone or LG software.

You should also think about HTC sense UI vs a purer Android experience in the Moto x. I have read that some are not fans of HTC sense.

Sent from my SGH-I717M using AC Forums mobile app

Here's the low-down...if you want the very best of all the options you have listed then the HTC One pushes the Moto X down the drain . The Moto X is more for the user's pleasure with color options etc. I myself would go with the Moto X. I'm a stock Android kind of guy...:thumbup: including the fact that the X is a bit to chunky for me....(my opinion not a fact!!!) Have you considered the very anticipated Nexus 5?

i was torn between the two and ended up going with the LG G2. The moto x camera was really bad, and the htc one was nice and all, but some reviews were saying that the power button started to receded down after some time.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Here's the thing: I've heard some rather negative things about LG software. How much does it differ from stock android?

I will automatically say HTC One, fantastic and solid device inside and out, I have a thing against Motorola after having several of their devices and having no support from them when needing it (they basically tell me to F off, I think they're anti-Canadian) so there's no way I'd go back to Motorola even if they reinvent the wheel.

Here's the thing: I've heard some rather negative things about LG software. How much does it differ from stock android?
    I like LG, they started making some decent devices, however with my LG Optimus LTE it worked 100% fine with Gingerbread but after the ICS OTA update it was problem ridden and I had to send it in twice with no luck, it was acknowledged that the OS was causing problems and LG had no intention in releasing a fix so I swapped for the HTC One and haven't looked back.

Go to the store. Try both out. Decide.

Sent from my HTC One

I will share my opinion on the two devices
    Topic Winner Why
    Screen One Higher resolution and it shows
    Camera One Clear sharp pictures, Low light performance, Zoe clips are amazing, Highlight videos are unmatched
    Sound One Front facing speakers w/ amp are amazing, with/without headphones. surpasses any phone on the market
    Battery X? My One is great on battery, lasts all day, charges well, etc. I would only guess the Moto X has better life due to lower res screen/smaller processer
    Look/Feel One The build quality, feel, and appearance are amazing on the One. Once you go aluminum, you won't go back. MotoX customize is cool though.
    UI One Sense 5 is really good. Moto X has "vanilla" android which is very vanilla i.e. bland. has less features and both run smooth.

Conclusion: I had the choice, I chose the One. I played with both phones and researched like crazy. Your opinion may vary.

I have the one also and I do lov it but seeing that mx in the att store makes me want it really bad..
    It felt way better to hold and very sturdy feeling also..
    Imo the one's speakers are not a big deal at all...
    All the videos I have seen comparing the two phones they seem to run at the same speed..

Quote Originally Posted by skullfreak View Post
    I have the one also and I do lov it but seeing that mx in the att store makes me want it really bad..
    It felt way better to hold and very sturdy feeling also..
    Imo the one's speakers are not a big deal at all...
    All the videos I have seen comparing the two phones they seem to run at the same speed..
    IMO the Ones speakers are awesome for gaming and listening to music. Amazing compared to phones like iPhone and especially the GS4.

Sent from my HTC One
    Beyond Fire likes this.

I was pretty much considering the same a month ago: Motorola or HTC One.

In the end, the Moto X won for:

form factor
    Motorola radios
    battery life
    very close to pure Android as opposed to Sense
    button layout

Form factor pretty much made the sale for me as soon as I picked up the Moto X for the first time. It simply feels incredible in hand. Not too big, but with a generously-sized screen. In fact, the screen actually feels bigger than it actually is because it takes up so much of the front of the device. The front-facing speakers of the One seem like they'd be nice, but at the end of the day it didn't matter to me because I don't spend enough time viewing videos or listening to music on my phone without headphones. I actually think it's obnoxious as hell when people watch videos or listen to music on their phone in public without headphones. And if I want to watch video on a mobile device, I have a Nexus 7. Some people say that a launcher will fix the problem of Sense, but to me that's not really the case. It will hide Sense, but it will not get rid of it. It's still going to be in the menus and written into the OS. I'd personally prefer a clean version of Android that I can temporarily "modify" via apps than a version of Android that's filled with all sorts of garbage that I have to either hide or root my phone to get rid of.
    benhmadison likes this.

HTC one

Posted via Android Central App

I'm down to these two phones as well. Starting a new job and they give me the choice of phone. Moving onto a company phone contract from a Nexus 4, which will become my happy wife's

From what I've found online, I'm leaning towards the Moto X. I like the smaller size, Motorola is now owned by Google, close-to-stock Android, etc. To me, the difference in display isn't a big deal and I almost never watch videos or listen to music on the phone, so the One's speakers don't mean anything to me. What I've heard about the camera makes me balk, but the claimed battery life is awesome. I use my phone a lot for work out of the office and need that battery life. I can't always charge conveniently during the day. I think I'll try both out in the store and go with my gut, but the Moto X is the favorite before I walk in.

Both devices are great in their own way.

I came to the X from the ONE, and everything except screen quality and camera is better to me on the X. The build materials on the ONE are better but the build quality on the X is better. The X feels much better in the hand and has better battery life. The X is optimized for the user experience where android generally goes for horse power over ease of use. The x reminds me of an iPhone as far as the smoothness, ease of use, and great battery life, while still having the openness and options of android. As stated the ONE is a great device and I still love it but at the end of the day, the X wins.

Sent from my White Moto X
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP