Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

Mosov

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
So I have a Nexus 4 and have greatly enjoyed the pure android experience. However, I wanted to know, which non-Google branded phone has the purest android experience? From what I heard it's the Moto X, any other opinions?

RyanMXA

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
From what I have read it is the Moto X like you said.
However, I prefer the Sense 5 on the htc one over that any day...

ggbrown

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I came from the Nexus 4 and the Moto X is very, very close to stock. They've added a few features to take advantage of the cool hardware, but I would consider it pretty much stock.

Posted via Android Central App

Mosov

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I came from the Nexus 4 and the Moto X is very, very close to stock. They've added a few features to take advantage of the cool hardware, but I would consider it pretty much stock.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks, I guess that comes from the fact that Motorola is owned by Google now. Would you say Moto X is better or Nexus 4?

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
So I have a Nexus 4 and have greatly enjoyed the pure android experience. However, I wanted to know, which non-Google branded phone has the purest android experience? From what I heard it's the Moto X, any other opinions?

I hear that htc have released a version of the one with pure android installed ie no sense overlay at all

Mosov

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Though I'm looking at phones that are sold through carriers such as At&t and support LTE. I know through Google you can buy phones like Nexus 4, unlocked and pure Android experience, but I was wondering which phone you could buy through at&t for example and get a similar pure android experience. Seems Moto X seems to be general consensus here.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Play editions of the HTC One & GS4 are probably your best bet. Then the Moto X which just added some features to take advantage of their unique hardware.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Though I'm looking at phones that are sold through carriers such as At&t and support LTE. I know through Google you can buy phones like Nexus 4, unlocked and pure Android experience, but I was wondering which phone you could buy through at&t for example and get a similar pure android experience. Seems Moto X seems to be general consensus here.

Yes the moto x by far is the closest carrier sold phone to stock. It only has two Att bloat apps and other than that it's stock. The x is what you are looking for.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

lee_michael_f92

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Google Play editions of the HTC One & GS4 are probably your best bet. Then the Moto X which just added some features to take advantage of their unique hardware.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

I for one would rule out the GS4 play edition OK only because there's a hardware key for the home button... I know its small but a true Google experience doesn't have a need for a home button and back key/menu key.

Sent from where the wild things are.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shae