Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Mosov's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    So I have a Nexus 4 and have greatly enjoyed the pure android experience. However, I wanted to know, which non-Google branded phone has the purest android experience? From what I heard it's the Moto X, any other opinions?
  2. #2  
    RyanMXA's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    From what I have read it is the Moto X like you said.
    However, I prefer the Sense 5 on the htc one over that any day...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Mosov's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Does Moto X come with motorola software or is it pure android?
  4. #4  
    RyanMXA's Avatar

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosov View Post
    Does Moto X come with motorola software or is it pure android?
    It is Motorola software. They added voice control,screen on, and some other features to stock Android.
  5. #5  
    ggbrown's Avatar

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    I came from the Nexus 4 and the Moto X is very, very close to stock. They've added a few features to take advantage of the cool hardware, but I would consider it pretty much stock.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Mosov's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Quote Originally Posted by ggelinasbrown View Post
    I came from the Nexus 4 and the Moto X is very, very close to stock. They've added a few features to take advantage of the cool hardware, but I would consider it pretty much stock.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks, I guess that comes from the fact that Motorola is owned by Google now. Would you say Moto X is better or Nexus 4?
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosov View Post
    So I have a Nexus 4 and have greatly enjoyed the pure android experience. However, I wanted to know, which non-Google branded phone has the purest android experience? From what I heard it's the Moto X, any other opinions?
    I hear that htc have released a version of the one with pure android installed ie no sense overlay at all
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Mosov's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Though I'm looking at phones that are sold through carriers such as At&t and support LTE. I know through Google you can buy phones like Nexus 4, unlocked and pure Android experience, but I was wondering which phone you could buy through at&t for example and get a similar pure android experience. Seems Moto X seems to be general consensus here.
  9. #9  
    Evilnut's Avatar

    Posts
    736 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Google Play editions of the HTC One & GS4 are probably your best bet. Then the Moto X which just added some features to take advantage of their unique hardware.

    Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mosov View Post
    Though I'm looking at phones that are sold through carriers such as At&t and support LTE. I know through Google you can buy phones like Nexus 4, unlocked and pure Android experience, but I was wondering which phone you could buy through at&t for example and get a similar pure android experience. Seems Moto X seems to be general consensus here.
    Yes the moto x by far is the closest carrier sold phone to stock. It only has two Att bloat apps and other than that it's stock. The x is what you are looking for.

    Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Which phone has the purest Android experience (besides Nexus)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Evilnut View Post
    Google Play editions of the HTC One & GS4 are probably your best bet. Then the Moto X which just added some features to take advantage of their unique hardware.

    Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App
    I for one would rule out the GS4 play edition OK only because there's a hardware key for the home button... I know its small but a true Google experience doesn't have a need for a home button and back key/menu key.

    Sent from where the wild things are.

Similar Threads

  1. Contacts' names are there but phone numbers are missing
    By Hassan Aljeshi in forum Samsung Galaxy Grand
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 06:53 AM
  2. Why did you choose the S4? Would you choose it again?
    By RavenSword in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-28-2013, 08:30 PM
  3. Nexus 7(2013) Multi touch Issue
    By googol in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
  4. Camera Full HD for android download free [NEW APP]
    By nhungduong in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 07:46 PM
  5. New to Android
    By Trent9810 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions