Using Verizon Droid MAXX on T-Mobile or AT&T

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys -- I posted this question on the Droid Maxx forum, but figured people reading a Verizon forum may not care, so thought I'd try asking here too. My question is whether there is any way for the Maxx to work on a GSM network, such as AT&T or T-Mobile? I heard somewhere that all Verizon phones come unlocked now, as part of getting a certain band approved by the FCC, but haven't been able to confirm that. If the Maxx can work on a GSM network, is it missing any of AT&T or T-Mobile's bands such that my cell or data reception will suffer? Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks!

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys -- I posted this question on the Droid Maxx forum, but figured people reading a Verizon forum may not care, so thought I'd try asking here too. My question is whether there is any way for the Maxx to work on a GSM network, such as AT&T or T-Mobile? I heard somewhere that all Verizon phones come unlocked now, as part of getting a certain band approved by the FCC, but haven't been able to confirm that. If the Maxx can work on a GSM network, is it missing any of AT&T or T-Mobile's bands such that my cell or data reception will suffer? Any help you can provide would be great. Thanks!

It appears to have all the proper GSM bands to work. The Ultra (same phone, smaller battery) has been tested workin on AT&T. You'll get HSPA, but no LTE.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/22/droid-ultra-can-connect-to-atts-hspa-network-out-of-the-box/