Questions on backups and restores

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
I have two android devices, a phone and a tablet. I have the option for google to back up and restore my applications. On my phone, I have used this functions many times - whenever I have installed a new custom rom. However, on the tablet I have never done a restore.

OK. Now, I plan on getting a new tablet soon. I would like it to have the apps that are now on my tablet, not those on my phone.

So, if I get a new tablet and check restore when setting it up, will all the apps that are on my phone go to this new tablet? Or will the apps on my old tablet be on the new one?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have two android devices, a phone and a tablet. I have the option for google to back up and restore my applications. On my phone, I have used this functions many times - whenever I have installed a new custom rom. However, on the tablet I have never done a restore.

OK. Now, I plan on getting a new tablet soon. I would like it to have the apps that are now on my tablet, not those on my phone.

So, if I get a new tablet and check restore when setting it up, will all the apps that are on my phone go to this new tablet? Or will the apps on my old tablet be on the new one?

The tablet will only download apps that are tablet compatible. So, that will eliminate some. However, what you could try is creating a Google account for your tablet, and resync everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo