Wall Street says bye bye to Blackberry and hello to Android

SeeK

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I could see that coming. They're sticking too much to their own traditions, thinking that their customers are too. That's probably not the case anymore and, well... survival of the fittest.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
It's happening all across the world. Oops I meant all around the world, I forgot I advanced my way of thinking when I switched from blackberry to Android. The world is not flat anymore.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Who would have thought? Until I encountered the DX, I didn't think there was anything better than a BB and anxiously awaited it's OS6 ... announced in February and dangled in front of BB owners until recently ... and then not offered to everyone!

I'm so glad I jumped the BB ship. The DX is more than anything that BB even announced as in the planning stages. No looking back, not even for a second!

K Bear

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
RIM has gone stale in their R&D. For a company that is called Research in Motion, they are seriously lacking in the research area. For at least the last year and a half they are releasing devices with 2 year old specs for the same price as other manufacturers are for modern spec'd devices. I'm dying to get rid of my 9700. It's junk for what I paid for it.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
That is exactly what Palm did for years with the Treo and Centro series.

RIM has gone stale in their R&D. For a company that is called Research in Motion, they are seriously lacking in the research area. For at least the last year and a half they are releasing devices with 2 year old specs for the same price as other manufacturers are for modern spec'd devices. I'm dying to get rid of my 9700. It's junk for what I paid for it.

breakmedown

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I agree that this article doesn't say anything at all about embracing Android. As a matter of fact, the article clearly states it's still the top notch phone for getting business done.

What it is, however, saying is exactly what we've all been thinking. BB and Android lovers alike, is that RIM is clearly dropping off it's edge as a consumer device. Consumers (not business and people doing business) want more out of a phone and they want flashy and top specs and fun. Not serious business with the same device specs that they've been putting in phones for years.

Seymour324

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
RIM is banking on the business sector staying with blackberrys due to their security features, which makes me personally believe that it will not be a quick switch that will happen anytime soon, i think RIM will own the business sector until Google and Apple come out with a designated business phone. Now this is not saying that an iPhone or a Droid cant be used in the business sector its just that they are not AS secure as a bb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol