Android Flip Phones! I'm searching for one!

Chanlion

May 16, 2013
Visit site
For reasons such as:
Too much reliance on modern tech. (Who has actually left their phone out of arms reach for more than 15 minutes throughout the WHOLE day?)
Skateboarding/ Biking/ Hiking/ Parkour/ Big behind resulting in broken screens
I like the physical keys
Otterboxes have failed

I have decided to maybe take a step back but not too far. I'm wondering if there are any Android flip phones out there on the market that I can buy. Not the slider keys but the old school flip.
Recommend me import models if you have to because I know the NA market doesn't have one or very few. I've heard of the Galaxy golden but that's way out of my price range by the time you add import fees. (900)
It doesn't have to too big, somewhere around the old razr flips sizes would be great. Great if it would work on AWS, 1700/2100. Isn't too expensive. let's say under 500-400.

Wondering if AC will help me help my search! I'll do the rest of the research myself just wondering if anyone knows their models names which is the hard part.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For reasons such as:
Too much reliance on modern tech. (Who has actually left their phone out of arms reach for more than 15 minutes throughout the WHOLE day?)
Skateboarding/ Biking/ Hiking/ Parkour/ Big behind resulting in broken screens
I like the physical keys
Otterboxes have failed

I have decided to maybe take a step back but not too far. I'm wondering if there are any Android flip phones out there on the market that I can buy. Not the slider keys but the old school flip.
Recommend me import models if you have to. I've heard of the Galaxy golden but that's way out of my price range by the time you add import fees. (900)
It doesn't have to too big, somewhere around the old razr flips sizes would be great. Great if it would work on AWS, 1700/2100. Isn't too expensive. let's say under 500-400.

Wondering if AC will help me help my search!

Welcome to the forums!
I have no links to provide, but I have seen a few flip phone Androids. They are typically offered in the Far East. They may be difficult to obtain, let alone read. Carrier compatibility may also be an issue.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I know Samsung has one. Not sure if it is out yet, or if it will even come to the US

Posted via Android Central App

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
In Korea you may find one, but not anywhere else. I like those candybar phones with physical keyboard like the Blackberry Curve and Bold, but there aren't many Android ones- I had the Motorola Charm which was a complete waste of hardware, unfortunately.

Marinozai

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Golden, and I'm very happy with it - it's a perfect blend between a smartphone and a flip phone without sacrifice of functionality.

Unfortunately, it isn't available in the United States. I bought mine in Hong Kong. It was relatively cheap there, but I'm afraid you won't find any Galaxy Goldens online under $800. Samsung Galaxy Goldens are available in Hong Kong in South Korea, but Korean Goldens have Korean letters on them. Hong Kong Goldens do not.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech