low internal storage

Sandesh Dube

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
While using wifi on my phone, I constantly get a message that my internal storage is getting low. Can somebody tell me it's cause and the solution for this problem.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What phone do you have, and what version of Android is it running? Do you get low internal storage warnings when you're on mobile data as well, or only wifi? If it's whenever you're connected to the web (either by wifi or by mobile data), it may be that some apps are trying to update by downloading data, and you're running low on available storage. This guide might be helpful to review: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apps that refresh data on the web usually have a menu setting to adjust the interval. So you could open an app like Facebook, go to its settings, and adjust its refresh rate to every 30 minutes, every hour, etc. There's usually a Never or Manual option, which will turn off the app's automatic refresh, and require you to manually refresh the app.

But that really won't solve your problem if you have too many apps installed, because any time you try to refresh one of these apps (even manually), you might get this low memory warning. That's why I suggest uninstalling any app that you really don't use.

Sandesh Dube

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Recently I have installed Mozilla Firefox in my external SD card,but it keeps on storing data in the internal memory.After each session of browsing, I have to clear that data so as to free the internal space. Is there any other way of averting this problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non