1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone freezing after factory reset

Hello,

For the past day or so my phone has been rather slow, and unable to download, no Google Play etc., I didn't pay any mind to it and continued to use as normal, a few hours ago my phone started to give me the "unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" message, again, very ignorantly I ignored it. Then it eventually froze so I did a soft reset, it rebooted and within seconds I was greeted with the Gapps message, so I turned to the internet.

Found out the best thing to do is make sure Download Manager was enabled (it wasn't) and empty your caches for the Google apps, I tried to do that for a good hour or two and failed as every time I turned it on there was only a few seconds to do it before it froze. Eventually, while I was trying once more to do that my home menu went crazy, no apps, stock background, etc. and I got error messages for almost every basic app (Google, Messaging, and even Setting and Home) and then got a "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped" message.

At that point I decided I needed to do a factory reset, so I did, thinking that would fix it. Back on the home screen, I saw there was no apps at all, nothing, just the stock background so I took the battery out and let it sit for a while. I came back and I had all the standard apps on the home screen and all seemed well until a few seconds later when it froze again.

It is now sitting with the battery out, and I'm hoping for the best

I have a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus F3, just a few months old.

Running Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)

Never messed with the OS, not rooted, and have not downloaded any new apps for about a week prior.

I apologize if this issue has been solved before, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Default Re: Phone freezing after factory reset

Welcome to Android Central! That sounds really frustrating. A bad battery or a bad microSD card can sometimes lead to freezing issues like yours. If you are using a microSD card, try unmounting it and removing it. If that doesn't work, see if you can try a different battery.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Phone freezing after factory reset

I've tried removing the microSD card and still nothing.

It might be the battery, but I do not have a spare one just laying around, so I can not see if that is the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I've tried removing the microSD card and still nothing.

It might be the battery, but I do not have a spare one just laying around, so I can not see if that is the issue.