6 months later... S4 or HTC One?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Making my triumphant return to Android after a little while away? Having a tough time choosing between the HTC One and the S4... both are both about 6 months old now. Anyone have any thoughts one way or the other given their age? :-\

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had the HTC One before trading it for the s4 and both are awesome phones. I just prefer Samsung though. I found myself missing the stupid gestures I never thought I used until I got rid of my Note II for the HTC One.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using AC Forums mobile app

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have and love the HTC One. If you are going to run them completely stock, I would get the HTC One. HTC Has been very prompt with their updates thus far. They have already started rolling out 4.3 for the One, but all the S4's are still waiting. If you are going to get a Google Play Edition or flash GPE ROMs, the decision is much tougher. In that event, the S4 has a superior camera and a larger screen, but the HTC One has much, much better speakers and feels better in the hand. Of course, on the One GPE you get the infamous black bar that you do not get on the S4 or the stock HTC One.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Both are good. I prefer the ONE.

Have you considered the Moto X?

I've had both the S4 and ONE and prefer the X.

Sent from my White Moto X

wanted198

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm also stuck in this decision to be honest. I was set on the HTC One, in August it was ?450 and is now about ?480-490. It doesn't look like its going back to ?450 for at least a short while but it could happen any day really. S4 is currently ?450 though and I'm really back into deciding between them.

The S4 has a bigger screen, but it is more brighter than life and slightly exaggerated colours than realistic.
The One has a realistic screen that's very good, but this realism and detail turns out to make some things just look darker and less attractive to the eye rather than more amazing and realistic. It's screen is smaller too.

One has some very nice dual boomsound speakers, but I really doubt I would use them often. I'm mostly going to be using my headphones, and I also know about the speakers breaking and making a crackling noise. This could have been blown out of proportion by trolls etc but I have seen people on here with near 500 posts saying they've gone through two in a few months that had this issue and needed replacement saying "its more common than you think".

I really am stuck. Even if they were both ?450 I don't know what I'd pick. I get the feeling although the bigger screen and possibly brighter colours would be nice for me, I'd be getting more of my moneys worth from the HTC One with its higher quality screen and boomsound speakers.