Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NYTimes: "Apple considered buying Motorola in 2003"

And Then Steve Said, ‘Let There Be an iPhone’

Apple considered buying Motorola in 2003, but executives quickly concluded it would be too big an acquisition for the company then.
    What other devices have I had? Here's my [URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-central-lounge/181203-post-your-phone-timeline.html#post1861526"]phone timeline[/URL].
    [B]Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads![/B]

[url=http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html][B]Community Rules & Guidelines[/B] - Mobile Nations Forums[/url]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Default Re: NYTimes: "Apple considered buying Motorola in 2003"

Shudder

Sent from my Panasonic ELUGA

LOL I remember that, Steve Jobs in the early 2000's was high as a kite, not just on that but among many things like saying "we're not going to make a tablet larger than 6 inches" and something about the PowerPC architecture being a strong market. That was also around the same time Cisco was using the "iPhone" name before they discontinued it (they should've trademarked it) before Apple grabbed it.

Bill Gates' "640k ram ought to be enough for everyone" is right up there too.

Global Posts
    13,570 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

ha ha every once in a while someone will post an advertisement from the 90's talking about a new PC with high memory capacity, etc. Can't imagine having a current device with what the early devices were pushing back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by TeknoBug View Post
    LOL I remember that, Steve Jobs in the early 2000's was high as a kite, not just on that but among many things like saying "we're not going to make a tablet larger than 6 inches" and something about the PowerPC architecture being a strong market. That was also around the same time Cisco was using the "iPhone" name before they discontinued it (they should've trademarked it) before Apple grabbed it.

Bill Gates' "640k ram ought to be enough for everyone" is right up there too.
    Erm. Apple didn't have a tablet in the early 2000s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free