German made Nano-to-Micro SIM Adapter - Works GREAT

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop

Just like many of you, I enjoy owning and using multiple phones, some of which unfortunately require a NanoSIM card. Originally the iPhone was the first device to utilize the NanoSIM, followed by the Asus PadFone Infinity, and now the new Motorola Moto X. Provided you only use one of these devices, this issue does not affect you. However, if you want to use multiple devices that use different size sim cards on the same number, you have one of two options depending upon your carrier.

When I was originally faced with the dilemma of wanting to switch between the Moto X & HTC One, I wasn't sure which direction to go. Use the Moto X for a month or so, then go back to AT&T and have them re-activate my MicroSIM in the HTC One, or find a high quality sim adapter that won't get stuck inside the phone. Reading several horror stories of adapters getting stuck inside phones, I was somewhat hesitant about just going out and buying the first Nano-to-Micro sim adapter I found, so I sent an email to someone "in the know" regarding such issues asking for his advice. Anxiously awaiting a response, I became even more unsure of my decision, as having received a free Nano-to-micro sim adapter with a cutter I purchased. I originally had no use for the cutter, however it was 5 bucks and frankly I was curious. I immediately examined the adapter, noting its horrible design, rough edges, and overall "out of spec" shape, so to speak.

Finally I received word back with a link and quickly sat down to check it out. The site was a distributor for German made sim adapters, including the Nano-to-Micro adapter I was after. The difference in appearance from what I was holding in my hand versus what I was looking at on the screen was quite drastic. I immediately placed an order for one Nano-to-Micro sim adapter (2.99 euro + 2.99 euro shipping, or 12.99 euro for 5 pack). In the meantime I had the NanoSIM in the Moto X activated on my account, and set the HTC One aside.

Less than two weeks later I received an envelope in the mail containing my adapter. As you can see in the picture they include a letter with a few warnings and offer any support should I have any questions.

84964d1381177462-fantastic-german-made-sim-adapters-pic3.jpg

I put the cheap knock-off adapter I had received with my cutter side by side with the German made adapter and the difference was night and day.

84971d1381177646-fantastic-german-made-sim-adapters-shot2.jpg

I quickly removed the NanoSIM from my Moto X and inserted it into the adapter.

84970d1381177646-fantastic-german-made-sim-adapters-shot1.jpg

84969d1381177646-fantastic-german-made-sim-adapters-insidephone.jpg

As you can see, it fits quite snug and snaps into place well. Powering on the HTC One I sat anxiously awaiting the possibility of a No SIM error, although I was 99% confident in the product and this particular fit. As soon as the splash screen turned to desktop, as expected I was greeted with a familiar LTE logo. This adapter is clearly well made, so I ordered another 5 pack as I was very impressed with the one I had received. They also have NanoSIM to SIM adapters, as well as MicroSIM to SIM which I have not seen in person, but obviously are of the same quality.

Now I tested this with a NanoSIM card, not a MicroSIM that had been cut down to NanoSIM size, so be sure to be extra cautious if you are going that route. Frankly if possible I would highly recommend starting at the smallest size you need and adapting up, whatever that may be in your situation.

You should always be extra careful when inserting a SIM card into a phone, regardless of if you are using an adapter or not. Needles to say, use caution and insure the adapter fits well inside the sim-tray of your phone, Go slow and proceed with caution!

Attachments

• pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 945
  • insidephone.jpg
    insidephone.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 946
  • shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 942
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 951
Last edited:

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Very nervous about using and adapter with my S4 GPe but these look pretty good. Just pulled the trigger on a Moto X which I will pick up tomorrow. Thanks for this!

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Very nervous about using and adapter with my S4 GPe but these look pretty good. Just pulled the trigger on a Moto X which I will pick up tomorrow. Thanks for this!

Glad it was able to lead someone in the right direction ! I see based on your post in the Moto x thread that you ordered one. Good choice. It's the only adapter I have seen that I actually trust. I'll send you the manufactures website as well.

I would suggest having the nano SIM from the Moto x activated instead of trying to cut your microsim from the s4. Then just use this adapter when you want to use the s4 gpe.

I was also very hesitant initially, however this is a super solid product and I feel confident using it in my HTC one.

Let me know how it goes!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys I have seen several posts where people are getting cheap adapters stuck in their phones. Why use a cheap adapter in an expensive 500$+ device ? It cost me around $8 to have this German made adapter sent over from Germany. Including shipping.

Its a fantastic adapter, built to spec and I trust it completely. No hesitation about using it

The nano Sim actually snaps into the adapter so to speak, preventing it from falling out or becoming dislodged inside the phone.

I don't even think twice about using it in my HTC one, for example. And No I have zero affiliation with the distributor or the manufacture. I just can't understand people using cheap adapters, so I had to share. I hate reading posts about people getting an adapter stuck inside their phones.

If you know someone in need, share the wealth!!!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I'll +1 these adapters. Whenever someone asks for nano-sim adapters, these are the ones I recommend, without hesitation. I originally bought them when I had my S3 and then bought a used iPhone 5 and they work absolutely flawlessly.

These are German-made adapters but the company that's selling them is actually located in Austria. I bought the 5 pack so I'd have a few extras should the need ever arise. Once I ordered them, they arrived from Austria to Kentucky in about 5 days...which was really nice! I figured it would take a lot longer than that.

One really nice thing about these as compared to other cheaper adapters is that the nano-sim actually snaps into them. This makes the sim and adapter feel like one piece, rather than having the sim just sitting on the adapter.

Well worth the price and wait time. HIGHLY recommended!

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I'll +1 these adapters. Whenever someone asks for nano-sim adapters, these are the ones I recommend, without hesitation. I originally bought them when I had my S3 and then bought a used iPhone 5 and they work absolutely flawlessly.

These are German-made adapters but the company that's selling them is actually located in Austria. I bought the 5 pack so I'd have a few extras should the need ever arise. Once I ordered them, they arrived from Austria to Kentucky in about 5 days...which was really nice! I figured it would take a lot longer than that.

One really nice thing about these as compared to other cheaper adapters is that the nano-sim actually snaps into them. This makes the sim and adapter feel like one piece, rather than having the sim just sitting on the adapter.

Exactly. The only adapter I trust. And like we both said it snaps into place and feels super secure.

Hrm. Mine had a German post mark on it. I just ordered another 5 pack so we will see where this shipment originates.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

So the 5 pack came from Austria. The single came from Germany. Either way German made, and a fantastic adapter.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
So the 5 pack came from Austria. The single came from Germany. Either way German made, and a fantastic adapter.

That's interesting. But glad to hear they got here quick and you find them as good as I do.

Sent from my Moto X

thecurryman

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, I had been looking for some quality sim adapters to use and I saw your thread so I took the plunge and ordered 5 nano to micro sim adapters. I plan on switching between my 5s, q10, and n5 so this should help a lot!

Thanks!

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I had been looking for some quality sim adapters to use and I saw your thread so I took the plunge and ordered 5 nano to micro sim adapters. I plan on switching between my 5s, q10, and n5 so this should help a lot!

Thanks!

You made the right choice. The only adapters I would ever trust.

Halofury

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank god I found this thread....I'm an N5 user, who just jumped on the Moto X sale...been researching for days for a good adapter, was about to buy cheap 3 dollar ones even pulled the trigger once only to cancel few mins later because of delivery time from CHINA! then I remembered the article on this site about cutting your own...read comments and found the link to this thread....8 bucks isn't much but the quality build sure seems better.

thanks for the post!

fj757

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got my moto x and noticed this dilemma. Glad to see this post. I'm the proud owner of a windows 950, S2, N4, N5, and have a HTC one coming tomorrow. I haven't activated the moto x because I have no way of switching phones. It came with a nano already inside. I need the website to oder from the Germans.
I also like your constructive inputs.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am so thanks full for this thread! Just ordered a 5pk Nano2Micro adapters from MicroSim Shop . Have the Note 3, just purchased a Moto X and want to switch between the two. Just what I was looking for! I'll update once I receive them!

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Do these look like the same adapters?

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Ditem.view%26id%3D350624724172&token=HOBWLi9I

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Not sure. Apparently there are several fakes out there. I would suggest purchasing a 5 pack. They are small enough to get lost, and nice to have around. I would always suggest using a nano Sim not a micro that was cut down to nano size.

Great adapters. Use them without issue all the time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk