- 20 Posts
2K Phone Screens
I just read up of this guy who setup a 12k(screen resolution) rig with 3 4k monitors. I was thinking if that is possible, can you picture phones released later in 2014/early 2015 to feature 2k screens? Maybe the Note 4 will have a 6" 2K screen? Some of you might ridicule the idea claiming that 1080p will be enough, but I wouldn't mind 2048p phones! Power consumption might be an issue so I understand why manufacturers might be deterred from considering 2K phones. What do you think?
- 10-06-2013, 11:28 PM #2
- 10-07-2013, 01:54 AM #3
- 10-07-2013, 03:52 PM #4
- 28 Posts
Re: 2K Phone Screens
Dude, trust me. It's stupid as of right now to go furthur than HD. (I'm specifically talking about 4k here) If it does, it won't be for 5-10 years.
It's like the transition from SD to HD, it was a long time. Let's say 10 years?
There's a lot of things against it:
You really can't see the difference
Storage is too small
App sizes will be insane
Processors will have to be more powerful
More power equals less battery
No one wants to create 4k footage, the rendering time varies for me around 3.5x longer to 16x. Depending if I'm rendering just stock or wireframes.
Reason I'm so passionate about this situation is because I work in the TV/ video industry and the pricing is ridiculous. You think you have to JUST upgrade a camera. You need more storage, processing power, more time, larger screen, a larger desk and if your room's too small, a new renovation.
But the benefits of shooting and using 4k footage on the editing side is almost worth all the dumb hassle.
- By bodum02 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 4Last Post: 11-12-2013, 07:53 AM
- By stryper in forum HTC OneReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2013, 10:39 AM
- By Hello There1 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 6Last Post: 10-07-2013, 09:50 AM
- By Brandon32 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 10-06-2013, 01:00 PM
- By dawnkash in forum LG Optimus EliteReplies: 2Last Post: 10-06-2013, 12:55 PM