Does higher "mAh" battery equals to..?

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Does higher "mAh" battery equals to bigger size of battery (physically) ?

if yes, so it means there will be a custom back cover for the phone?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does higher "mAh" battery equals to bigger size of battery (physically) ?

if yes, so it means there will be a custom back cover for the phone?
Generally speaking, yes. The more "mAh" the bigger the battery will be. Manufacturers are getting created with batteries that are "stepped" in design to fill voids that are available in the device to increase battery size. Third-party manufacturers already have a ton of solutions with larger batteries that need replacement battery covers.

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
^
is it even practical to use higher mah batteries, it will make the phone bulky, is it worth it?

have u seen someone with big battery? what do you think of it?

oh, and also the back protector covers wont fit in right?

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
^
is it even practical to use higher mah batteries, it will make the phone bulky, is it worth it?

If you are around a power source through the day than may not be needed but if you are not around a power source and/or are mobile though out the day than yes it is :). I used to not mind the bulk but now I really don't like it. I don't even like using my otterbox cases for that same reason. But I may change my mind at some point. Still waiting on battery tech to improve drastically!!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
^

oh, and also the back protector covers wont fit in right?
I've seen people with extended batteries. Is it practical? It sure is. But it boils down to personal preference and the various situations that may be presented at one time or another. For me, I'm near a power source all day, so being able to charge my phone throughout the day is not a problem. Also, I prefer to carrier a spare battery if I know I'm going to be out for a while.

East56

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I had an extended battery for my phone (Monaco) - I found it marginally better but within a year, the battery started to become less and less lasting and now it's even worse than the original battery that came with the phone. I reordered a replacement original battery. Seems like third party ones aren't all they're cooked up to be.