Apple retains multi touch patent

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a buddy who has an iPhone 5s with iOS 7. Unsurprisingly, he says he hates iOS 7 because it looks like some ****ing crap Windows phone.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iOS went from boring to ugly and boring. Sucks for the people who updated, no open source software means they have to deal witht the ugly UI :p

Posted via Android Central App

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
iOS went from boring to ugly and boring. Sucks for the people who updated, no open source software means they have to deal witht the ugly UI :p

The only way is to jailbreak it and put some custom skins. However, that's something my buddy doesn't want to do...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I like how you're completely ignoring what I say and going back to the same argument. Being an iSheep at its finest...

Pot calling the kettle black. I am waiting for you to say something that actually makes sense on this subject. Instead of trotting out "examples" that avoid the actual point of the discussion in the first place. Now you have reverted to the classic iSheep insult. How original. You don't like what I have to say, and seem incapable of countering with legitimate facts and reason, so you take the easy way out - devolve into a personal attack. If you think that makes your case, then good for you. It doesn't.

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Why is it funny? It's true, everyone I know with an iDevice hates iOS 7. Looks childish

Ya, that was one of his better posts. I was considering his entire body of work with my comment. He has great entertainment value in almost every post.

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Pot calling the kettle black. I am waiting for you to say something that actually makes sense on this subject. Instead of trotting out "examples" that avoid the actual point of the discussion in the first place. Now you have reverted to the classic iSheep insult. How original. You don't like what I have to say, and seem incapable of countering with legitimate facts and reason, so you take the easy way out - devolve into a personal attack. If you think that makes your case, then good for you. It doesn't.

Lstream, you still here? Here's so much factually wrong with these bloatdroid trolls, that it's laughable. Don't reply. For example,the reason apple is cutting back 5C models, because hey need the manpower to build more iPhone 5S as they're the most demanded phone in the world right now. I'm still waiting for mine - and all I'm getting is the Grey 16GB - and they're sold out everywhere. I've seen a 64GB available at AT&T a week ago, but if did not want white (my wife has the 5/white), but that's it. They're were 200,000,000 people who installed iOS 7 on first day (in comparison, new android versions have like 150,000 updated in a month the rest wait for it to be available or root and void warranty just to get an update). Today more than three hundred million (300,000,000) updated to iOS 7 - yeh, with numbers like that you'll get a few I satisfied with a new look/function. Yet more complain about android instability than iOS look. Yes ios7 isn't perfect - no software is! But a few complaints out from hundreds of millions of users is awesome. These are simply trolls without a researched fact - you know that they know NOTHING when they start calling YOU insults and make up junk like "you know everyone hates apple and ios7" - yeh because no one is buying the new iPhone 5S, no one is updating, and android is better because you can customize a font and a button. Even normal AS members stopped posting here in embarrassment of these two.

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Lstream, you still here? Here's so much factually wrong with these bloatdroid trolls, that it's laughable. Don't reply. For example,the reason apple is cutting back 5C models, because hey need the manpower to build more iPhone 5S as they're the most demanded phone in the world right now. I'm still waiting for mine - and all I'm getting is the Grey 16GB - and they're sold out everywhere. I've seen a 64GB available at AT&T a week ago, but if did not want white (my wife has the 5/white), but that's it. They're were 200,000,000 people who installed iOS 7 on first day (in comparison, new android versions have like 150,000 updated in a month the rest wait for it to be available or root and void warranty just to get an update). Today more than three hundred million (300,000,000) updated to iOS 7 - yeh, with numbers like that you'll get a few I satisfied with a new look/function. Yet more complain about android instability than iOS look. Yes ios7 isn't perfect - no software is! But a few complaints out from hundreds of millions of users is awesome. These are simply trolls without a researched fact - you know that they know NOTHING when they start calling YOU insults and make up junk like "you know everyone hates apple and ios7" - yeh because no one is buying the new iPhone 5S, no one is updating, and android is better because you can customize a font and a button. Even normal AS members stopped posting here in embarrassment of these two.

Ya, I have figured out that I am being trolled. I was giving benefit of the doubt since I am new here. But it seems like I am in a discussion with high school students with no sense of perspective or reason whatsoever. "Everyone I know hates iOS 7 so the whole world hates it too". Where does such nonsense come from? From the biased and blind I guess. This has become even more obvious with the personal iSheep insult. Yep, that is the iron clad way to put me in my place. Funny.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is pretty much the norm here.

Someone (usually rational, logical) will defend Apple, usually with facts and evidence. They'll get called an "iSheep" regardless of what phones/devices they use by the Android community. More facts and more evidence, including some observations will be posted and get called an "iSheep" again. Oh and sometimes the Android community ask you why you don't have an iPhone if you love Apple so much - even though you're just trying to correct a statement which is usually just blatantly incorrect. Never ending cycle.

You'll never get through to them. And they'll never admit they're wrong.

Last edited:

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Like mentioned already, I don't think they'll let this one fly by, also 3 lawsuits against Samsung and Google were turned away in the past few years. Apple are rather aggressive and they're not going to stop anytime soon.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Great, now I'm the one who's in the wrong? I was just giving examples of other companies that don't sue others who "take" one of their gestures/features. If it's something as simple as multi-touch, there shouldn't be an issue. Apple came up with an intuitive way to interact with a touch screen, asking others to find a different method seems silly to me. If it was something like a layout of an app or the look of the UI, it's different.

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Great, now I'm the one who's in the wrong?

Almost. You have been wrong the whole time, not just now. Nice to see you progressing and becoming more self-aware. If you want to keep improving, go read the patent. It is primarily about heuristics, and not multitouch itself. You may learn something, which from what I can tell from your posts could be a refreshing new experience for you.

Last edited:

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
This entire thread is nothing more than a pissing match between skunks....No one wins...everyone ends up stinking.....I'm going back to the more stimulating threads about whether I should replace the phone I bought 2 months ago with another one I'll replace next week because I like the phone that's being released next year better....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus