S Note Syncing bring me to my knees

Bigdave18629

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been doing a lot of searching on syncing S-Note across devices, I have a Note 3, Note 8, and Note 10.1 2014. Left apple and came back to android due to the S Note function (amongst other reasons). I can get the Note 3 and 10.1 to sync S-Note but not the 8. Is there a compatibility issue that I am not aware of? I am using the Samsumg account to sync.

Thanks and any advice would be appreciated.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

I was recently in precisely the same boat and I had a bunch on notes I'd created on the Note 8 that I wanted to access on the Note 3 and 10.1. Well, the good news is that you can import the Note 8's notes to the newer devices. The bad news is that the reverse is not true (AFAIK), but hopefully, Samsung is working on something to correct this, if they haven't by the time you read this. So, to get those Note 8's into the Note 3 and Note 10.1 make sure you're synching all the devices with your Samsung account. Then...

1. Open S Note on your Note 3/10.1
2. Click Recent Note in the upper left-hand corner.
3. Click the Menu button and slect Import-->Samsung Account
4. Select the Notes you wan tto import or choose the Select All option, then click Done

Your Note 3/10.1 will show "Importing" as it concentrates on the task but when it's done, Voila!

Someone mentioned there was a PlayStore available viewer for viewing Note 3/Note 10.1 notes on older devices. I'll have to hunt around for that.

I hope this helps.

Bigdave18629

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I did find (or finally found) that the 8 or older is not compatible with the new 3 and 10.1 2014. The reason I switched back to Android was the S-Note feature. It is amazing to me that Samsung would release new devices that are not backward compatible with their key feature. So I did find that you can view the Note 8 notes but cannot edit them, not what I am after. Of course anything put on the 3 or the new 10.1 and the 8 cannot use those. You would think this would be a simple fix by just offering the software upgrade for the older devices.

I found my answer but don't like it much.

Thanks for the info.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I just got off a chat with Samsung tech support.:

Nolan: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?
Visitor: Hi Nolan. Can the Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-5110) view the S-Notes (*.spd) from the new Galaxy Note 10.1 (SM-P600). We're looking for a viewer or the ability for the GT-5110 to be able to open the newer S-Note files directly. Can you confirm whether or not this is possible and, if a viewer is necessary, point me in the right direction?
Nolan: I see that you have sent me quite a bit of information. I’d be happy to go through it and assist you better.
Nolan: As both the devices have different software versions it may not work.
Visitor: Yeahp.
Nolan: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Visitor: It does not appear so. Thanks.

Now, if something is supposed to give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about Samsung's tech support this chat session surely was not it.

Bigdave18629

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I don't care much for the customer care, it is pretty pathetic. Went through the same issues as you did, I don't know if is some computer that is responding or some twit in a foreign land that has a weak grasp on the English language but they only appear to be able to answer the obvious.
I still have not heard of a workaround or an update that will let the 8 notes sync with the 3 and 10.1 which seems to work flawlessly with either Samsung or Evernote as the hub.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084