1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HP Slate 7 Plus?

What's the difference between the Slate 7 Plus and the Slate 7 HD? They both have 1280x800 screens and similar specs.

Default Re: HP Slate 7 Plus?

Hello,

My understanding these are all lower end budget tablets from HP.

The Slate 7 Plus is a newer version just announced for the 2013 Holiday season. I haven't been able to find a whole lot of information on it which isn't very encouraging either.

From the little bits I have found on HP's site the Slate 7 Plus is an " HD " display. I think your going to find minor hardware changes between them but nothing that is a real game changer in my opinion. Its a budget tablet and for many people thats great, but if your looking for a better quality and support I would consider giving the bigger name competition a good look before putting your money down. In the long run that extra $50 will go a long way.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am really looking forward to more information on this tablet. I had an android tablet and ipad in the past, but since replaced them with a surface rt and now surface 2. Love the surface for the who meat and potatoes tablet. I am looking for a small 7" inexpensive android tablet for consumption only. I don't require a lot of things, but I do want expandable memory by micro sd, so no nexus(s).

I was going to buy the HP Slate 7 now, but the plus seems so close, yet so far away... I cant find much information on it and a release date is note listed... I am not really in a rush, but I do want to buy it soon! I don't game much on my surface as I view it more for productivity and a real portable tool. This android tablet will be all about fun. I really started to consider it because I wanted an android mp3 player. I love my ipod, but I hate iTunes with a passion... I need drag and drop! The tablet seem more bang than a portable phone replacement.

Let me know what you all think or if there are any recommendations other than the slate. I do not want to spend more than 175... 200 max. Really looking for 150 I may sound like I am being cheap, but I have a full tablet that will fill almost all of my bills. This tablet will be bigger than a phone and smaller than a 10" tablet for super ease of use and straight up FUN! Hopefully you all will see more of me on the forums too I am pretty active on WPCentral.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

the hp slate plus runs nividia quadcore cpu clocked at 1.3 ghz each and dedicated cpu as well. its come with 8 gigs of memory which isn't anything to give thumbs or thumbs down about when memory cards cost nothing to buy. it has a rear 5mp cam and a front .3 meg cam both can do hd video. ive so far tested riptide 2, real racing, and asphalt 8 airborne and they all play smooth as dirt, so game wise/performance this tablet is right up there with anything else if you know any other 3d intense games I can try em out ( IF I wanted something with SUPER 3D, 8 MEGS CAM ETC ETC, I would have purchased a ps3 or ps4) all in all you wont be disappointed ,
    bat is 4000mah so far for me it hasn't lasted for more than about 8 or so hours which is the listed usage time but obviously with better bat maintenance it can last as long as you want it to
    I also got it rooted as well and installed adaway and titanium backup and sd speed increase, no one seems to have a custom recovery yet though so just have to keep waiting for that.
    bloatware wise its pretty much stock with just a few apks on it.