Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dell Venue 7 & 8

I'm very interested in the Dell Venue 7 & 8 tablets. The Venue 8 comes in 32GB for $200, which is great deal.

What do you guys think?

Global Posts
    6,439 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Dell Venue 7 & 8

The price is good. I'll have to read some reviews on how the Atom CPU stacks up against the competition.
    Live long and prosper.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Tarantino View Post
    I'm very interested in the Dell Venue 7 & 8 tablets. The Venue 8 comes in 32GB for $200, which is great deal.

What do you guys think?
    I just got my Venue 8 32GB red delivered today. Paid around $160 for it after tax with free overnight delivery. Had to wait about 3 weeks for it though.

This is my first android tablet and the family already has an iPad 1 and iPad 4. A good friend of mine has the 1st gen Nexus 7. I will say the screen looks very similar to the Nexus 7 1st gen, which it should since they both have the same resolution. Performance seems VERY snappy. I see no studdering when flipping through pages of apps. Was disappointed to see I cannot install Amazon Instant video as it says the device is not supported. I also haven't tried the cameras out much but so far low light performance seems week. For the money so far I have no complaints.

I punched this together a while back about my experience with the tablet.
    Dell Venue 8 - Review'ish

I have not used my new dell venue 7 that much yet, but I have not encountered any significant tissues. A few things: I did find the display a little dim, and another review found that the display was significantly duller (less lux output) than many other tablets, including the asus memo pad hd 7. I found that the display resulting from various youtube videos were sharp and clear, with good resolution, but I found that several netlfix films, tv shows, seemed to have lower resolution and a lot of "jaggies." Is that because the netflix ap in 4.2.2 is only in sd, not HD? Or does it depend on the content? I also found that text in general had a lot of aliasing (jaggies). Will the above improve with android 4.3 or 4.4?

Dell is going to have the Venue 8 16GB for $129 as part of their black friday sale. At that price it is kinda a no brainer to pick up if you are in the market for a budget tablet and are okay with the screen resolution. Sale starts Thursday at 6 (ET I assume), but given that it is online, you can shop on turkey day without feeling like a total d-bag.