Did any of you receive the Google Hangouts update??

Ya_Bish

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
It was announced a couple of days ago. It allows SMS/MMS integration now. Now it's like iMessage from what I know.

I haven't got it yet on my GS3 (ATT).

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Nope, Play says latest release Oct 31 and feedback comments have people saying they have 2.0 with SMS, what gives? Country specific?

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the apk from a friend, my sms conversations showed up automatically. I haven't received or sent any mms, a couple posts in another thread said that mms doesn't work.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3

laddie79

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Got the APK from droid life. Looks and works great on my s3.... Now just waiting for the voice calls!

Posted via Android Central App

TeknoBug

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I reinstalled the downloaded apk and tried sending an MMS, it works like 1 out of 10 times or something, so yeah Google has some work to do on this new release. Other than that, talking to people via SMS and Hangout messenger in one app is a little nicer and less confusing for my Moto X's active notifications.

Ya_Bish

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Is MMS where I can group message with anyone in one single thread? My GS3 is still on 4.1.2 almost getting 4.3 but I can't group message with my friends, iPhone or Android. Will Hangouts fix this?
I reinstalled the downloaded apk and tried sending an MMS, it works like 1 out of 10 times or something, so yeah Google has some work to do on this new release. Other than that, talking to people via SMS and Hangout messenger in one app is a little nicer and less confusing for my Moto X's active notifications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol