Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By izzi1024
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google nexus help

I'm unable to post on galaxy forum so please help me here.

I kindly need some info ASAP

My nexus phone is not picking up usb connection hence I'm unable to sync via it. And I need to do a factory reset but I don't want it to wash away my videos and pictures especially.

I'm using wifi air app to download pictures but it's a huge file because phone is full with 10gb of images.

If I do a factory reset would it keep my media files ie pictures and videos on backup/reset option in the settings where u give ur Google id for backup? Would it keep them inside like on htc one and s4? If yes then I just reset easily!?

Waiting for your response!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Google nexus help

I would suggests saving all the data first just in case via your wifi air app or Google Drive etc... I recently factory resetted my Nexus 7 and I *believe* that it deleted everything I had... However if it is saved in an external SD card (for the S4) then it should remain there (factory resetted a Samsung Vibrate and everything got deleted except the External SD card's pictures and videos) *75% sure of my answer.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Google nexus help

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tan View Post
    I would suggests saving all the data first just in case via your wifi air app or Google Drive etc... I recently factory resetted my Nexus 7 and I *believe* that it deleted everything I had... However if it is saved in an external SD card (for the S4) then it should remain there (factory resetted a Samsung Vibrate and everything got deleted except the External SD card's pictures and videos) *75% sure of my answer.
    Hey thanks!
    That's what happened. It deleted all... so but iPhoto was able to backup what mattered, the media. Google did backup contacts etc and surprisingly later downloaded all the apps and it's data back as well so turned out well at the 'end'

Posted via Android Central App
    Euan Tan likes this.