1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there an app for.....

Hi,

I'm new here so apologies if this is the wrong place to start this thread.

Just wondering, does anybody know of an app available on the google play store or something that will allow someone to access the music player (i.e. change the song that's playing) while the phone remains locked. I want to be able to let other people choose the music to play on my phone, without letting them access my messages, facebook etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Default Re: Is there an app for.....

i dont think there is anything like that

I'm not aware of any off-the-shelf solutions, but if you don't mind some DIY you can do it with Tasker and AutoRemote. You'll have to write tasks and profiles for both your and your friend's phones, though. You might be able to get away with using the Tasker App Factory to avoid having to make all your friends buy Tasker and AutoRemote themselves, though. Either way it will probably be a decent amount of work to make it work and be user friendly.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

garublador thanks but I didn't mean letting other phones access my phone. Imagine for instance, at a large party or something and your phone is connected to the stereo system. I want people at the party to be able to come along and seek through my library directly on my phone, and change the music that is playing, without having to leave the phone unlocked so that they can access the music player. is there a specific music player app that allows full control from the lock screen? or perhaps a way to make it so the stock music player is accessible from the lock screen?

I've found apps that place a small toolbar on the lock screen, but all it lets you do is play/pause and change tracks on the current album/playlist, nothing with full library access.

Thanks

I think if you use Google play music you can skip songs or go back a song pause and all the normal controls they just can't go through your music library

This app has nothing to do with music but it may help you.

App Lock. It locks apps you dont want anyone but you to acces to it. I block facebook, email, settings, gallery. So they can use browser, musica, take pictures, call, etc.

+1 for the Google play music app
    Let's you change music through the lock screen without unlocking ... My lg g2 s stock music player didn't have this feature and I knew something was missing... So I downloaded the play music app the viola !

Posted via Android Central App
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

cheers for the answers guys