Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default what I hope the s5 to be...

Hey everybody!! I'm currently rocking the HTC one and loving the phone. Especially the dual speakers and position of the micro usb and the headset Jack. Makes it easy to hold the phone in landscape while charging and using headphones . But... Since having the phone I've come to have a few gripes.

First the materials used to build the phone... Don't get me wrong they are great but man it scratches easy and since it is built solid when it drops it drops hard...meaning unlike other plastic phones I had that would have the battery cover and battery fall out sometimes when you dropped it giving the energy of the impact a place to go, this phone takes it all leading to my first ever cracked screen... And yes I didn't have a case on it at the time cause I love showing off the sexy look of the phone but now I do have case. Plus I'm a heating and cooling technician so I'm always out and about and a metal phone like this isn't rugged for that type of work in my opinion.

Secondly... No removable battery and sd card... Now I always go for the bigger storage phones (32gb) but I'm really starting to miss having more storage and I'm definitely missing the option of an extended battery. I'm definitely a power user lol.

With all that being said I'm really looking at a Samsung device for my next phone. I'm due for an upgrade in April and I'm really hoping that the s5 has these features...
    Dual front speakers
    Internal memory of 32gb (since touchwiz takes up so much)
    Sd card support (likely to happen due to track record)
    Removable battery (again likely to happen)
    Plastic build... That's right plastic build.... Plastic can take more beating in my experience than a metal or glass phone and I'm usually really good with not dropping my phones
    Headphone jack and usb Jack in a position so cords aren't in the way when holding in landscape.

Anyway that's what I'm hoping for in the s5 especially the dual speakers... They just rock lol
    What are you guys looking for in your next phone?

(I use to want a follow up to the Xperia play but moga controllers fill that gap for me)

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: what I hope the s5 to be...

I'll get either the GS5 or the Nexus five next year. I just hope Samsung doesn't go over 5 inches!

I'm a plumber so I hear you on needing a durable phone. I have an s3 and it's been in an Otterbox from day 1. My wife has the one and I think I could murder that thing in like 2 days. My next phone will either be a nexus, note three or the s5. I'm really wanting the note right now, but that could change once I see the s5. I drop my phone constantly so a beefy & durable case will be a must have no matter what.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I just hope Samsung doesn't go over 5 inches!

Samsung has a winning form factor. You don't make the best selling android device of all time, and completely reinvent the wheel. You modify, upgrade, etc. I'd expect leather back, similar styling to Note 3. Possibly premium materials, 3 GB ram, HD sound, and other not worth mentioning improvements at this time. Normal spec bumps, if you will.